Iracing Australia servers

• Thread starter helios321
  • 5 comments
Australia
Australia
Hi,

New to sim racing. Just wondering about how popular Iracing is in Australia and whether there are Aussie servers which are well populated. If anyone can check this for me or anyone from Aus who can tell me about Iracing Online in Australia that would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

There are heaps of Aussies who are on iRacing. Most are there for V8 Supercars championship and Monday nights are usually a packed house for V8's.
To be honest it doesn't really matter about the servers, I'm from NZ and have no worries racing on Aussie or US servers, European servers are a little slower for me but still generally have very few issues.
As long as you want to race in the most popular series you wont have a problem finding people to practice and race with, the less popular series can be a bit harder to race in being in the time zone we are in.

Take your time to practice, no need to rush up through the ranks, enjoy the experience. I would still say iRacing is the best pick up online racing around at the moment.

Hi,

New to sim racing. Just wondering about how popular Iracing is in Australia and whether there are Aussie servers which are well populated. If anyone can check this for me or anyone from Aus who can tell me about Iracing Online in Australia that would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

Check out the Facebook group OzAm racing. They do hosted races very often, official races are pretty popular too. Typically the late nighters in the west US overlap the Aussies.

To be honest it doesn't really matter about the servers, I'm from NZ and have no worries racing on Aussie or US servers, European servers are a little slower for me but still generally have very few issues.

I beg to differ. Racing on an Aussie server from the US or on a US server near an
Aussie driver results in netcode bumps all to often. Way more often than when I'm near US drivers on a US server in the same car.

I beg to differ. Racing on an Aussie server from the US or on a US server near an Aussie driver results in netcode bumps all to often. Way more often than when I'm near US drivers on a US server in the same car.

I'm just speaking from personal experience. Sure Aussie servers are the best for me, but 99% of my races were on US servers and generally had no issues with netcode, sure there was the odd driver here and there that had maybe a bit of slower connection but luckily for me I was not in close battle with them therefore had no issues. In general iRacing's netcode gave me the confidence to race closely with everyone I came across no matter what server I was on.

Back