iRacing Camera View Help

• Thread starter Hwangm
  • 6 comments
Australia
CHATTYWOOD
Hi,
Im sure this has been asked before, but I've been searching both forums and can not find it. , so I was wandering if there is a way to turn off iracing internal cockpit shake, i.e., if you are on a Skip or StarMazda, when you press your brake really hard, you can almost see the steering shaft. how do I make it so it stays like the normal view?, even when turning on a bank oval at high speed it wobbles from bumps.

I remember when using the other computer, I installed motion cockpit view and you can adjust how much motion, but I don't want to use it and Just need to turn it off completely. and I hope there is a quick .ini files I can change to false or 0 it out .
thanks in advance

Other then an .ini file adjustment which I have not heard of, I don't know. Have you browsed through the .ini file? I have never heard of someone with that problem, then again I don't race either of those cars.

Are you saying you have MCV on your computer and need to turn it off?
Shift+control does that when you are in the car and the view becomes static, but you could also just remove all MCV files from your computer.

Play with these settings in your app.ini file (0 to turn stuff off, typically 1.0000 for 100% effect).

DriverHeadHorizon=1.000000 ; Percent to allow the drivers head to stay level with the horizon when the car tilts.
DriverHeadNoPitch=1.000000 ; Percent to allow the drivers head to stay level with the horizon when the car pitches.
DriverHeadWobble=1.000000 ; Percent to allow the drivers head to wobble when going over bumps.
DriverRotateHead=0.500000 ; Percent to rotate drivers head with slip angle. 0 to 1 with 1 being 100%[/quote]

These links might also help -- they contain more detailed information about two of the variables listed above in the app.ini file:

Link: Undocumented Feature: DriverHeadHorizon

Link: Undocumented Feature: DriverRotateHead

Are you saying you have MCV on your computer and need to turn it off?
Shift+control does that when you are in the car and the view becomes static, but you could also just remove all MCV files from your computer.

MCV isn't required to get these kind of effects -- it sounds like he's talking about the DriverHeadWobble effect, which is controlled via the app.ini file.

thank you Everyone,

John I think That must Be IT Thank you so much, I wasn't sure what to change and don't; want to break it. . I'll give this ago and post my result here.
no I had MCV on my other computer, I dislike that movement as it kills the immersion for me.

Edit: The way it ruins the immersion for me is because I saw my steering wheel stays in one place and the cockpit in-game stretched to another angle. That's why. The wobble and pitch is really in my honest opinion for the cockpit which uses 2DOF motion or 3DOF as your wheel or body get pushed closer to the wheel when stopping, therefor the in-game reflect what happen to the body and feels natural. but for someone not using any motion system like me, I stop the car. my wheel stays in one place, my dashboard wobbles arround.

thank you so much for that John.

Last edited:
Thank you again John, I have adjusted the driver head wobble and rotate , now it is really awesome to drive. no more wobbly dashboard :)

Back