iRacing spec questions

• Thread starter banckzy
  • 9 comments
United Kingdom
London, England
I have recently purchased a laptop and not sure if I have enough power for iRacing..I know I meet minimum spec but minimum spec means nothing!

Most likely not, but wanted to ask you guys.

I have a HP Pavilion Laptop. Would plug hdmi into my tv.

I5 8th gen processor
Quad core
8GB RAM
256GB SSD

I don’t know what graphics card I have... but it’s this laptop if anyone knows??

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/compu...6-gb-ssd-silver-10184651-pdt.html#srcid=11026

I don't know if this will help you. But, you can log on the iracing site with the laptop. It has a test thing it can check your system and let you know if it will work.

That i5 boost to 3.4ghz and you have 8gb ram so your cpu would be fine, but it also has an integrated gpu which is not ideal but would work.
If I could guess it's probably got a Intel UHD 620 which is on par with the 940mx, I found a decent benchmark article that will give you some numbers and a better general idea.

https://www.techcenturion.com/intel-uhd-graphics-620

Worse case it's only $5 for new iRacing users to sign up, so just give it a try.

Failed on the graphics card check :(

I'd say you could look into external GPUs but for not much more you could probably pick up an entry level gaming PC that would push iRacing 100+fps.

Something like a g4560/1050ti combo.

I'd say you could look into external GPUs but for not much more you could probably pick up an entry level gaming PC that would push iRacing 100+fps.

Something like a g4560/1050ti combo.

thanks mate, sorry but I'm not the most IT savvy. would an external GPU eliminate my graphics card issue then?

any pc built in the last 8 years can run iracing but you mostly likely will get more fps over graphics but that doesn't matter. unless it's under 30fps you better get a new pc

I want the same sort of quality Jimmy Broadbent has though...
Then I’d suggest getting a cheap tower and slowly building it up. I’m new to the PC world, got mine In November but I think that’s your best bet. Although I do realize you just got the laptop.

Latest Posts

Back