IRC Monte Carlo Rally live on Eurosport

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 14 comments
United Kingdom
Manchester
Ardius_
Next week is the first round of the IRC at Monte Carlo and amazingly, Eurosport are going to show some great coverage over the week:

Rallye Automobile Monte-Carlo 2010

SS 01 / SS 03: Burzet - Lachamp-Raphaël (27,27 km - Wednesday 20 January, 11:51 & 15:02)
SS 02 / SS 04: St-Pierreville - Antraigues (45,17 km - Wednesday 20 January, 12:59 & 16:10)
SS 05 / SS 08: Labatie d'Andaure - St-Pierre sur Doux (25,30 km - Thursday 21 January, 10:13 & 15:28)
SS 06 / SS 09: St-Bonnet-le-Froid - St-Julien-Molhesabate - St-Bonnet-le-Froid (25,67 km - Thursday 21 January, 10:55 & 16:10)
SS 07 / SS 10: Lamastre - Gilhoc - Alboussière (21,92 km - Thursday 21 January, 12:20 & 18:05)
SS 11: Montauban sur l'Ouvèze - Eygalayes (30,42 km - Friday 22 January, 09:23)
SS 12 / SS 14: Peïra-Cava - La Bollène-Vésubie (18,42 km - Friday 22 January, 19:15 & 23:20)
SS 13 / SS 15: Lantosque - Lucéram (19,13 km - Friday 22 January, 19:48 & 23:53)

Only stages 10 and 11 won't be live.

Entry list:
http://www.acm.mc/ramc/2010/docs/liste_engages__entry_list__2010.pdf

Robert Kubica has been confirmed and we have the return of Subaru to rallying. 👍
Eat that WRC.

and we have the return of Subaru to rallying. 👍
Eat that WRC.

How is some Subaru's a return of Subaru to rallying? Group-N Subaru's have "always" been there, just like Mitsubishi Group-N cars so nothing new in that as far as I see.

Would be better if EuroSport would show more WRC. Two rally championships could actually be bad for rally in general.

How is some Subaru's a return of Subaru to rallying? Group-N Subaru's have "always" been there, just like Mitsubishi Group-N cars so nothing new in that as far as I see.

I meant because this is an official manufacturer registration. Subaru's were of course run last year for some rounds but were not manufacturer backed (not officially at least), they were private entries. In the same sense, Renault Clio's are being run at this event but Renault have not officially entered as a manufacturer.
Its cheaper and easier to compete in the IRC so Subaru have come back.

Perhaps I should have worded it better, something like "Subaru return to rallying with works team"?

Ok, how about "Subaru's return to World rallying with a works team"? :lol:
Eventually I'll get it right :P

Nope. Kimi is the WRC, not the IRC.

But his first race will be in Arctic Lapland rally, which is not part of WRC.

Subaru's were of course run last year for some rounds but were not manufacturer backed (not officially at least), they were private entries.

May I ask then what is this "official" team of Subaru? As far as I know, the last official team was Prodrive. I'm not sure, but I don't think TMR is "official" team, even though they build Subaru's. I mean, give me a source where they say that Subaru itself is back in rallying, instead of some private teams running Subaru's :)

May I ask then what is this "official" team of Subaru? As far as I know, the last official team was Prodrive. I'm not sure, but I don't think TMR is "official" team, even though they build Subaru's. I mean, give me a source where they say that Subaru itself is back in rallying, instead of some private teams running Subaru's :)

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/07/subaru-returns-to-rallying-for-2010-intercontinental-rally-chall/

Ok, its not a works team return then, but still a return to world rallying where they actually score points as a manufacturer.

Great coverage. It's amazing that I've been able to watch stages live from my PC. In fact, I've been watching them through PS3's web browser in living room. That's something that WRC really should learn from IRC 👍

In the matter of the race, it's a bit funny that WRC drivers are kind of dominating with cars that they aren't used to. Hänninen is the only one who has been able to match Hirvonen's and Ogier's pace.

Listening on the radio - Ogier out with engine failure on the way to SS14. A shame, as a fight for the win would've been a sight on the Turini.

Edit: didn't realise that you can end the final stage as the winner, but if you retire on the road section back to service, you retire and lose the win!

Last edited:
Back