Irish Cruises, Drifting And Street Racing.

• Thread starter Glanza-V
  • 11 comments
Meh, idiots.

^ This.

I'm afraid there's nothing of any real merit in any of those videos. Just a bunch of people knobbing about in trading estates and occasionally on the public roads. It couldn't me much worse if it was recorded on terrible cell-phone cameras. Oh wait, they are.

I'm sure happy-slapping is quite fun too but the rest of the world would still think you're a knob for doing it.

I doubt you're going to find too many people in favour of the vids here regardless. Mainly because there are plenty of better quality vids on youtube of better drivers in better cars, but also because street racing and such is fairly illegal and as such is covered by the AUP in this bit:

AUP
You will not use these forums to violate any laws nor to discuss illegal activities

I'm not trying to be an ass for the sake of it, but they're pretty crummy videos of people doing fairly stupid things. So personally I find nothing of any merit in the vids.

I'm sure happy-slapping is quite fun too but the rest of the world would still think you're a knob for doing it.

I doubt you're going to find too many people in favour of the vids here regardless. Mainly because there are plenty of better quality vids on youtube of better drivers in better cars, but also because street racing and such is fairly illegal and as such is covered by the AUP in this bit:

I'm not trying to be an ass for the sake of it, but they're pretty crummy videos of people doing fairly stupid things. So personally I find nothing of any merit in the vids.
he wos only trying to lightin the place up:tup:

With people being idiots? I prefer seeing proper racing, or good track-day vids, or professional drivers drifting around circuits, or a good vid of a blast along a B-road...

Ireland has enough fantastic rally drivers and their videos are up on youtube. Surely those are enough without having to glorify some plonkers in a car park...

Like, I dunno, this for example:

By the way, the words are "was" and "lighten". Same number of letters, wrong vowels.

With people being idiots? I prefer seeing proper racing, or good track-day vids, or professional drivers drifting around circuits, or a good vid of a blast along a B-road...

Ireland has enough fantastic rally drivers and their videos are up on youtube. Surely those are enough without having to glorify some plonkers in a car park...

Like, I dunno, this for example:

By the way, the words are "was" and "lighten". Same number of letters, wrong vowels.
thanks transformer dude 👍

The garda dont consider this illegal, the just tell them to get out of tesco and up to the industrail estate..

By LAW it's illegal.
It's also very daft to use industrial estates as playgrounds, as a friend of mine found out when he hit a forklift on his motorcycle. I'm not trying to be a do-gooder, but PLEASE use your brain before you do things.

Drifting roundabouts is all well and good until another road-user pulls onto the roundabout under your radar. Try explaining THAT to your insurance company (I presume your 'lot' have insurance?).

Back