Is 257.4/9 MPH+ possible on Mission Challenge 4-4? (UPDATE: It is! I finally got 257.9! + Video!)

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
theufc33
Been at this for a couple of days now.

The highest I've gotten is 257.3, tied with one other. He's got the #1 time in the world, and me the #2. Everyone one else in the top 8 has 256.6. I've been testing out strategies and trying to optimise, but the absolute max I can get is 257.3 - this is mainly down to the LaFerrari being JUST too close at the end. The max I've hit is 257.3 before hitting him. I've been playing around with slowing down at the start, mixing up my gear changes (I shift earlier than the rev limiter to take advantage of the power curve), but I either don't carry quite enough speed (usually when I slow down at the start) or go right into the back of the leader as I hit my max.

I still need to refine my current strategy a little, if I can find the exact sweet spot where the LaFerrari is a tiny bit further ahead and I carry a good amount of speed (usually 246.0 going around the last bend will get you to 257.3 if you get enough road and hop into the slipstream early). I may be able to reach 257.4 or above. Would love to get that world record, and I won't stop trying but man, eking out that last 0.1% is bloody tough.

EDIT: I DID IT!!!!! FINALLY!!! 257.9 MPH!!!!! Untied WR! Video coming tomorrow, will put it here!

EDIT 2: Video is up! Not fully finished processing into HD so if you want, check back in an hour or so and it should be good to go.

EDIT 3: Please bare with me for an hour or so while I re-upload the video, turns out it never did process into HD, thus I have to re-upload it.

EDIT 4: Video works properly this time!

Last edited:
The highest I've gotten is 257.3, tied with one other.
Is 257.4 MPH possible on Mission Challenge 4-4?
No.

If you've done 257.3mph, the next speed that will register is 257.9mph. Basically the game records your speed in km/h and then converts it to mph for display. As it only goes up in 1km/h increments you can only gain 1km/h at a time - or 0.622mph.

Your record is actually 414km/h. 415km/h would be 257.9mph.

No.

If you've done 257.3mph, the next speed that will register is 257.9mph. Basically the game records your speed in km/h and then converts it to mph for display. As it only goes up in 1km/h increments you can only gain 1km/h at a time - or 0.622mph.

Your record is actually 414km/h. 415km/h would be 257.9mph.
Ahh, alright. Thanks for the explanation. I'm gonna keep trying anyway, because I feel like I can do it - if all the pieces fall into place.

Also, maybe I should've clarified; when I said 257.4 I basically meant "can you go faster?"

I didn't know the next number up so I picked one decimal up.

Again, appreciate the breakdown. Didn't know it was like that but I did notice the game being a little funky with speeds, for instance 257.2 MPH gets you 257.3.

Been at this for a couple of days now.

The highest I've gotten is 257.3, tied with one other. He's got the #1 time in the world, and me the #2. Everyone one else in the top 8 has 266.6. I've been testing out strategies and trying to optimise, but the absolute max I can get is 257.3 - this is mainly down to the LaFerrari being JUST too close at the end. The max I've hit is 257.3 before hitting him. I've been playing around with slowing down at the start, mixing up my gear changes (I shift earlier than the rev limiter to take advantage of the power curve), but I either don't carry quite enough speed (usually when I slow down at the start) or go right into the back of the leader as I hit my max.

I still need to refine my current strategy a little, if I can find the exact sweet spot where the LaFerrari is a tiny bit further ahead and I carry a good amount of speed (usually 246.0 going around the last bend will get you to 257.3 if you get enough road and into the slipstream early) I may be able to reach 257.4 or above. Would love to get that world record, and I won't stop trying but man, eking out that last 0.1% is bloody tough.
Well if the top lads can get 266.6 then you should be able to get 257.4 just slow down a bit right

Yet the OP says 257.3 is the number one speed in the world...
Yeah, was a bit confused considering the #1 speed is 257.3 but maybe he recorded it offline or something. (I forget, can you do Mission Challenge offline?)

Really? Feels like I've just got to get it all perfect and then I can get that. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I'm streaming it, maybe you'll be able to see something I'm not doing?

Yet the OP says 257.3 is the number one speed in the world...

Yeah, was a bit confused considering the #1 speed is 257.3 but maybe he recorded it offline or something. (I forget, can you do Mission Challenge offline?)

I may be stupid and remembering it wrong. Let me go check my PS4. I don't have PS+ either. I'm sure I am remembering wrong.

Top guy is 414 km/h for my leaderboard. Not sure if it's region specific.

Interesting challenge though. I got 411 km/h after a few tries. The placement of the LaFerrari seems random and/or it's rubberbanded to you. I tried backing off a few times at the start so I don't hit him at the end, but that makes the LaF even further behind :odd: If you get a good run early, the LaF is further ahead, but you'll still hit him just before the finish. Maybe there's a split second window where it makes the LaF slightly further ahead and still allows you to get a good run early, but I don't have the patience to figure it out :lol:

There's also the top speed challenge with GT-R at the last straight of Nurb. The world record for that is 325 km/h, but I can only get 311 km/h. I thought it's because they let the Veyron hit you from behind instead of drafting it, but when I tried that the Veyron just braked before hitting me. So I dunno how he did it.

Top guy is 414 km/h for my leaderboard. Not sure if it's region specific.

Interesting challenge though. I got 411 km/h after a few tries. The placement of the LaFerrari seems random and/or it's rubberbanded to you. I tried backing off a few times at the start so I don't hit him at the end, but that makes the LaF even further behind :odd: If you get a good run early, the LaF is further ahead, but you'll still hit him just before the finish. Maybe there's a split second window where it makes the LaF slightly further ahead and still allows you to get a good run early, but I don't have the patience to figure it out :lol:

There's also the top speed challenge with GT-R at the last straight of Nurb. The world record for that is 325 km/h, but I can only get 311 km/h. I thought it's because they let the Veyron hit you from behind instead of drafting it, but when I tried that the Veyron just braked before hitting me. So I dunno how he did it.
Don’t think leaderboards are region specific, if you see “theufc33” in second with the same speed then they aren’t. I converted the speeds and 414 kph is indeed 257.3.

As for the GT-R at Nurburgring, I ended up slowing a little at the start so I could draft the Veyron but I haven’t been at that like I have this one. Still gonna keep going and see what I can do.

The window for that perfect, 257.9 run is incredibly small. Everything has to fall into place. I think I’ve clocked up over 1000 miles over the past couple of days trying to improve. So many variables to consider when it comes to gear shifts and how much you slipstream too. If you go even quicker round the last curve you’ll get less slipstream since you catch up just a tad quicker it feels like.

Yeah just realised the campaign leaderboards are worldwide, unlike the Sport mode events. Good job on being joint 1st place in the world 👍

That's insane that you drove 1000 miles just by retrying the challenge :lol: If you do manage to crack 415 km/h PD should give you a medal :P

You mentioned going quicker around the last curve, but when I start the car is already on the straight. Unless you mean the kink before the downhill starts?

Yeah just realised the campaign leaderboards are worldwide, unlike the Sport mode events. Good job on being joint 1st place in the world 👍

That's insane that you drove 1000 miles just by retrying the challenge :lol: If you do manage to crack 415 km/h PD should give you a medal :P

You mentioned going quicker around the last curve, but when I start the car is already on the straight. Unless you mean the kink before the downhill starts?
Very last curve as you pass the Charger. At least it feels more like a curve from the interior view.

And thank you! If I ever get the untied world record you can bet I'm uploading it, haha.

Congrats! This is one of the challenges that I immediately tried after the leadeboard reset to see if I could beat my old record. I found it harder to get up to speed actually, so it must be one hell of a run for you to be even faster!

Can't wait for the video 👍

Video is UP! Not fully finished processing into HD so if you want, check back in an hour or so and it should be good to go.

I should note, my celebration may have sounded a little louder than it actually was due to being close to the microphone, but ayy, that's ok!

EDIT: Please bare with me for an hour or so while I re-upload the video, turns out it never did process into HD, thus I have to re-upload it.

EDIT 2: Video is up, and this time it works properly!

Last edited:
Video is UP! Not fully finished processing into HD so if you want, check back in an hour or so and it should be good to go.

I should note, my celebration may have sounded a little louder than it actually was due to being close to the microphone, but ayy, that's ok!

****ing congratulations at beating the ****ing best time on the ****ing mission challenge. :D:lol:. 4000 miles - you're mad! :lol: 👍:cheers:.

Just like @Lord Protector I couldn't tell if you were driving or errr doing something else :lol:.

Just wait - I bet the joint record holder posts a faster speed tomorrow :P.

All things considered, you kept your reaction pretty mild there :D If it was me I would be screaming and doing cartwheels all around the house and backyard already :lol:

I have no idea how you reached that speed though. I used the same line and same shift points and could only manage 412 km/h at best. Granted I did not spend 1000 kms running the combo, but I can't even fathom squeezing 3 more km/h. Well done mate! Now let's hope PD doesn't erase the leaderboard again sometime in the future :lol:

****ing congratulations at beating the ****ing best time on the ****ing mission challenge. :D:lol:. 4000 miles - you're mad! :lol: 👍:cheers:.

Just like @Lord Protector I couldn't tell if you were driving or errr doing something else :lol:.

Just wait - I bet the joint record holder posts a faster speed tomorrow :P.
Hahaha, thank you! Honestly, I had never been that close to an actual WR before, not properly anyway. Beforehand it’d just be if I entered an event early or something. I KNEW it was possible to go faster when I hit 257.3 - I just had to keep pushing. I was absolutely determined to see it through to the end, and by god am I glad I did! And, about the celebration, yeah watching that one back it does sound quite a bit louder and maybe more suggestive than I thought at first :lol: but I was pretty close to the mic since it was 5 am and I think that’s why it came across as louder than it actually was. But no biggie :P

And I think I would cry haha, though I’m pretty sure it’s basically impossible to go quicker. Even to get 257.9 literally EVERYTHING has to be perfect.

All things considered, you kept your reaction pretty mild there :D If it was me I would be screaming and doing cartwheels all around the house and backyard already :lol:

I have no idea how you reached that speed though. I used the same line and same shift points and could only manage 412 km/h at best. Granted I did not spend 1000 kms running the combo, but I can't even fathom squeezing 3 more km/h. Well done mate! Now let's hope PD doesn't erase the leaderboard again sometime in the future :lol:

I would’ve been doing cartwheels and screaming if it wasn’t 5 am hahaha

It just takes an absolute ton of repetition and determination. That run there, I think it’s 1/1000. Not even joking. Maybe more. You must be so exactly precise with every single move that it is nigh on impossible to replicate it two runs in a row, and you just have to keep grinding away to hopefully get it right. I had done hundreds and hundreds of runs with the exact same strategy, but on the final run I got just the right exit needed off the final bend as well as drafting the blue Charger just enough.

Think in the end it took me around 4000 miles, maybe even something like 4500, but I lost track near the end because I had done it so many times. I know for sure I had 1000 miles clocked before I tried for the past week. I’ll have to see if I can count all the miles up and get a proper number.

Thank you! And even if they do erase the leaderboards, at least I have it immortalised on video! But knowing me, I’ll probably go back and try again. Couldn’t help myself :lol:

By the way, re-uploaded the video and it’s all processed properly now! Available to watch in HD.

Little update! The leaderboards got wiped after 1.32 due to the physics update, so here I am again, gunning for the WR speed once more. The top spot is 257.3 MPH, I’m going for the same speed as last time, 257.9 MPH.

Man, I almost forgot how gruelling the grind is (a lot of it is purely repetition because when you get the strategy down, you simply have to do the PERFECT run - down to the frame), I mean I remember how much I struggled, but since I got the WR, the feeling of discontent was covered up a little with joy.

Well, it’s hit me hard again :lol:. I suppose it’s not a surprise to me, rather you just have to be REALLY patient because your run for the WR has to be incredibly precise and to the point where it’s impossible to replicate over and over due to how dynamic the whole thing is. One wrong turn of the wheel and you won’t get 246.6 coming out of the tunnel. It does wear you down a bit when you get SO close, over and over. That bloody speedometer doesn’t want to tick over to 257.8, haha.

Anyway, I wanted to say that I’ll have another video like the first one if I manage to get the WR - and unless the leaderboards are wiped, I’m not touching it again :lol:. Not sure if I can withstand another however many thousand miles to get 257.9, lol.

Last edited:
Dude, hats off to your commitment :bowdown: I'm pretty sure PD just resets the leaderboard every third update just to troll you at this point :lol:
Hahaha, maybe! I managed to get the WR again! 257.9 - annnnnd of course YouTube decided to not process the stream properly -_- seems to be stuck in 360p even after a couple of days. What I'll probably do is DL the stream, take the audio from it and record the replay (thank god I saved that :lol:), then sync them up together. Not ideal but better than nothing! Thank you, by the way! :cheers:

Back