Is an Xbox worth it for (mostly) FH4?

Spain
Barcelona
topu999
What the title says. I own a PS4 already, and the only games I'd play on an Xbox are the various Forzas and a couple of old games on backwards compatibility.

I found a deal for an Xbox One X with 1TB for 325€, which is very tempting to say the least.

If anyone's been on my situation, what did you do?

I originally bought an XBox for (mostly) Forza games, although these days I'm more likely to play them on PC since they started doing the whole Play Anywhere compatibility thing. Assuming you don't have a gaming PC, then I'd say it's worth it, but ultimately that's something only you can decide based on your own situation. For some people that's a lot of money, for others it's not.

FH4 is pretty much the king of open-world arcade-ish driving games, and FH3 is totally worth playing as well.

Like @flatdarkmars says, if you don't have a PC, it makes the XB1 X much more appealing.

FH4 is a fantastic arcade experience, though there are still some issues with multiplayer. Picking up all of the Horizons is a good bet IMO, since each setting offers something different. That's not really the case with the Motorsport titles: I'd argue you really only need 7 if you're interested in playing them, since it encompasses everything from the earlier ones.

The previous-gen backwards compatibility is super handy IMO. It's led to me picking up a lot of multi-plats since it's easier to have things on one console, and in some cases (like the original RDR) they even get One X upgrades. 👍

I would probably not purchase the PS4 Pro just to play GTS and a couple of other exclusives... That being said, FH3/FH4 and FH2/1 (if you can get them in disc or code) and FM6/FM7 would be a fun and polished collection, and maybe you can get interested later in some other exclusive games for the console.

Last edited:
An Xbox One S is about half that, paired with FH4 for around $200 (mine was 200 even).
I would cheap out for the One S for now ,and if you like it, Xbox has a bigger and better Xbox than the One X in the pipeline.

Thanks guys! I'm going to get it, hopefully the sale lasts long enough.

If you play lots of multiplatform games, the One X is a good buy in general. You're basically guaranteed the best performing and looking version of nearly any game, which is what convinced me to get one out of the gate.

What the title says. I own a PS4 already, and the only games I'd play on an Xbox are the various Forzas and a couple of old games on backwards compatibility.

I found a deal for an Xbox One X with 1TB for 325€, which is very tempting to say the least.

You want to play BC games and found a deal for 325€. You won't be able to build an pc with the performance the console ia delivering and iirc BC 360/X1 games aren't available on PC. Its a no brainer, get the console

I was in your situation before FM6 released a few years back when Xbox One was still fairly young. It seemed like a no brainer purchase back then because Gran Turismo was stuck on PS3, and sim racing titles like Assetto Corsa weren't on consoles to compensate at the time. With the next generation of consoles right around the corner, and the next Forza games most likely coming for it, I wouldn't do it today though.

I won't tell you how to spend your money though.

Last edited:
Back