Is anyone else feeling starved for news?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ikarys
  • 13 comments
  • 1,151 views
Messages
230
Messages
ikarys
Perhaps it's just me, but I've noticed my average posts per day has been steadily increasing over the past few weeks. I refresh this forum waaay too much.

I'm starved for legitimate PD news. They seem to be a very closed in company. Lots of silence and mystery.

I'd love to see some kind of roadmap as to what they have planned. Whether community concerns are being addressed. What is not going to be addressed. I doubt that will happen.

The latest blurb about B-Spec doesn't excite me whatsoever.

The release notes on the last patch were fantastic. If only we got some exposure as to what they are working on, or some more definitive timeline for patches or content.

I constantly feel like its the eve of GT5 being released, and I haven't touched the good bits yet.

Anyway, I felt the need to post this because I've been refreshing this every 30 minutes for the past few weeks, and I fear my starvation is getting a hold of me.

So, to avoid this turning into a "I want A, B, C etc" thread, I'm going to pose a question.

Which companies do you know of that provide good, or any transparency as to their plans for the future?
 
I am not sure about how many companies show good transparency when it comes to future. What I DO know is that this place is getting to me as well, I too refresh this forum whenever I get to my desk or pull out iphone.

hopefully we will hear something new from PD soon.
 
I'll put 2 into the mix:

Blizzard
Apple

PD could take a leaf out their books.
 
Ya PD is lost when it comes to communicating with its customers/fans. I'll add to the list of devs that are good at it....Turn 10. PD has the forum, its just that no one told them that they could read and participate in it.
 
Meh, I don't even want them to update GT5 anymore...
Release a proper GT6!
 
There could be more mention on what changes and improvements are in the works, but playing the game is enough to distract me in the meantime. Some news now and again would be nice, though.

I'll put 2 into the mix:

Blizzard
Apple

PD could take a leaf out their books.

In the lengthy time before GT5's release with the slow trickling of official news, I thought PD took Blizzard's 'Soon™' philosophy to heart. :lol:

But yes, Blizzard does a good job of informing their playerbase about upcoming changes and tweaks. They almost have to, considering how whiny 11 million people can sometimes get. Hopefully we never get that bad. :crazy:

If they took notes from Apple, we should be seeing a release of a much improved shiny new version of GT5 in stores soon. At an increased price, of course. :grumpy:
 
I am not sure about how many companies show good transparency when it comes to future. What I DO know is that this place is getting to me as well, I too refresh this forum whenever I get to my desk or pull out iphone.

hopefully we will hear something new from PD soon.

LOL. same here mate!
 
I hear you guys, same for me. Third time on this site today and I m thinking about getting up an hour earlier tomorrow... in like 6.5 hrs... just to get the seasonal races cause I ll be on vacations for more than 2 weeks then! :scared:
 
they announced on the in-game news feed that the seasonal events are going to be updated weekly now, every Thursdays at 4:00pm GMT
 
they announced on the in-game news feed that the seasonal events are going to be updated weekly now, every Thursdays at 4:00pm GMT

What time is it there in your area now?

In my area, the news said it'll update Wednesday 7:00am, but no update yet. Right now it's Wednesday 4:44PM. It seems to be delayed. According to the +/-, it should be tomorrow at least.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to that GT Driver's Club.
 
I think they normally update at 7:00 pm our time, not 7:00 am. I am on the west coast as well.
 
Back