Is Anyone else sick of the Megane Cup car

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
It seems like no matter what track is put forth the Megane dominates the GR4 class and I hate watching everyone drive the same car it just makes the game boring and no i'm not just gonna follow the crowd and use the car because that is the problem

It seems like no matter what track is put forth the Megane dominates the GR4 class and I hate watching everyone drive the same car it just makes the game boring and no i'm not just gonna follow the crowd and use the car because that is the problem

People put waaay to much thought into what car they use, do you worry that much when you grab a hammer to drive a nail or do you just grab a hammer and sink the nail? None of them are real cars, just use the one that works the best for the track and save yourself the grief. ;)

why was this moved it had every thing to do with the weekly races as i'm talking about the car that dominates the GR4 weekly racing everytime it pops up
The races in GT Sport are called "Daily Races", though they change on a weekly basis.

The forum you posted this thread in was the GTPlanet Weekly Race Series Online Event forum. The WRS is a series we've been organising and running on this site for our members for the last 17 years and not directly connected to any one game.

In future if you have questions to ask about moderation, please do so in private with the moderation staff.

Last edited:
I agree in the sense of them breaking their own rules for the description of what the Group 4 class is supposed to be by putting it in there (The Megane Trophy that is), but it's just a game after all. Can always just qualify in it, and use what you wish as well.

People put waaay to much thought into what car they use, do you worry that much when you grab a hammer to drive a nail or do you just grab a hammer and sink the nail? None of them are real cars, just use the one that works the best for the track and save yourself the grief. ;)

Hey now, that TT Cup is a real car

upload_2020-2-4_8-34-56.jpeg

If you can‘t beat them - join them

Exactly.

For me it's a racing game, if a certain car is more competitive than another it makes sense to use it...having said that I'm sure most aliens can win in anything, unfortunately I'm at least 2 seconds a lap away from alien pace, so meta it is :)

I just use the car I like. And I really like this Megane car, since it was the "meta" a year and a half ago. Since then, it has been up and down, with the Audi TT being the best for a while and the Lexus being really good too. I still used the Megane, even if it was worthless on long straights. If everyone uses the same car at least I know that I'm not in disadvantage. But in terms of results, I'm not really in a level where the car makes that much difference. I get better results by driving a car that's comfortable, and I don't feel bad if everyone likes it too. It's a great car.

The Megane Trophy has no top speed (i think it's the worst in the class) but it has superb handling and brakes, and pretty good acceleration too. It will excel on technical tracks without long straights, but throw it at a speedy track and it's a sitting duck. Nothing to fret about, it's just we've had two of these tracks in a row in the daily races (Brands Hatch and Sardegna B), but on Dragon Trail Seaside recently it was nowhere to be seen. Also, the Alfa 4c and the Toyota 86 are perfectly viable alternatives in the "OP handling with no top end" cars, so yeah, it's not like you have no choice in that category.

because that is the problem
What problem ? A car is better than others so most people use it? . Welcome to racing ! the car isen't the problem nor the people its called competitiveness. Maybe the problem is that you are "Watching" what others drive instead of focusing on going as fast as you can around the track.

It's a hilarious car to drive. Mild bit of turn-in understeer, but you can get on the power so early. It brakes and corners better than anything else in the class, but can't get over 140mph easily.
I agree, it's a fun old car, and I have a nice ludicrously bright livery for it, but the dominance puts me off driving it. Too hipster for my own good, perhaps.

It doesn't dominate every track though. It's probably the slowest Gr4 car in straight line, making it very slow on less technical tracks with larger straights. It does however, do well in these types of technical tracks, like sargedna B.

Anyway, I think something like 4C, 86 and NSX should probably be not too far of it's pace, so give them a try.

Couple of weeks ago there was a daily race on Mount Panorama in Gr4 cars and the 'normal' Megane Gr4 was the car to use according to the leaderboards, everyone was driving it. Since I don't like FR cars very much I decided to go with the slower Megane Trophy and still
had a blast. Same when I used the 458 Italia Gr4.

Don't let other people's choice of car ruin your experience, not worth it.

When it first debuted, I disliked the players that couldn't handle it, just because others are fast with it.
Today, it feels good when I can beat it or stay on its bumper to the finish. Without countering it with an "alternate" META. That's been the case at Brands Hatch and Sardegna(in the Supra).

I'm sick of all the meganes. They all look like bloated blobs of yellow. The Clio I can sport however.

I'm sick of all the meganes. They all look like bloated blobs of yellow. The Clio I can sport however.
Ever drive a real Megane R.S.? My wife had a new '13 Megane R.S. Trophy+. Before she got it, they didn't look like a hot hatch. The design was weird. It looked like a 4x4.

We test drove one. It was just the R.S.265 with 18" wheels. The trick Sport button, that boosted hp from 250 to 265 and the snap crackle and pop from the exhaust changed all my mind.

A year after that test drive, my wife told me to meet her on Acland Street in Melbourne. She picks me up in her black on black Trophy+, 19" wheels, Brembos, glass roof. It was a rocket. Interior space, handling, brakes. I saw why it was king of the Nurburgring for FF cars.

Shame it's gotten a bad wrap in the game. It was a fantastic, trouble free performance car.

Ever drive a real Megane R.S.? My wife had a new '13 Megane R.S. Trophy+. Before she got it, they didn't look like a hot hatch. The design was weird. It looked like a 4x4.

We test drove one. It was just the R.S.265 with 18" wheels. The trick Sport button, that boosted hp from 250 to 265 and the snap crackle and pop from the exhaust changed all my mind.

A year after that test drive, my wife told me to meet her on Acland Street in Melbourne. She picks me up in her black on black Trophy+, 19" wheels, Brembos, glass roof. It was a rocket. Interior space, handling, brakes. I saw why it was king of the Nurburgring for FF cars.

Shame it's gotten a bad wrap in the game. It was a fantastic, trouble free performance car.
Sadly I've never had the privilege. Not many French cars in the part of the U.S. I live in. :/

Not at all.
I actually like that car, it's a dream to drive.
To be honest I use the OP car whenever possible. Not just to be competitive but to be comparable. I'm mainly interested in a level comparison of driver skill within the competition, especially regarding the top dogs. So using the OP car is the only way to go imo.
Besides that, I did my two best and most stunning races in the Megane a long time ago :) ... so, not sick of it, definitely.

Latest Posts

Back