Is Driveclub worth it in 2023/2024?

• Thread starter RedstoneXD
  • 14 comments
United States
United States
RedstoneKid09
Is driveclub worth it? I've been wanting to get into more "sim/arcadey" type Games and a friend suggested driveclub.

I watched a few gameplay videos and I must say, That was WAY ahead of its time for a 2013/2014 game. but the servers were shutdown and the digital copy is no longer for sale.
There are some cars (McLaren F1, Pagani Zonda, etc,) but those were only available in a paid DLC.

Is it worth buying? Is there a backdoor method to get the unavailable DLCs? Is there a good amount of cars in the game?

Please help a brother out.. Cheers everyone

Its great it really is, its only 30 frames tho, i have seen mods making it 60, also im not sure if the updates would be available, i remember putting a rain gameplay video on youtube and someone had just got the game saying they don't have any rain, asking how to get it, im pretty sure that came in updates with photomode etc...

Its great it really is, its only 30 frames tho, i have seen mods making it 60, also im not sure if the updates would be available, i remember putting a rain gameplay video on youtube and someone had just got the game saying they don't have any rain, asking how to get it, im pretty sure that came in updates with photomode etc...
Yeah I won't mind 30 frames, But 60 would be nice!

I think rain came in an update which you can still download, But paid DLCs aren't for sale anymore making some cars unavailable :(

I wonder if they have a PC version (Which I doubt since driveclub is PS exclusive) since I do have a decent PC that can run most early PS4 games.

Sony shutdown Evolution Studios. Drive club had a horrible start but they were able to fix it. It's still a good game without all of the DLC. I bought when I first got my PS5 and I enjoy it when I play.

It's staying on my PS4 forever. I don't have all the DLC but I've got a few of them and the bikes expansion - just make sure you disconnect from the Internet before loading it as if you're connected you get this constant banner over the screen telling you the servers are down.

It's well, well worthwhile. One of my favourite racers ever.

kjb
Sony shutdown Evolution Studios. Drive club had a horrible start but they were able to fix it. It's still a good game without all of the DLC. I bought when I first got my PS5 and I enjoy it when I play.
from memory they went to Codemasters, where they did OnRush (which nobody bought) and then DiRT 5. I’m not sure what happened after that. IMO you can feel a bit of Driveclub DNA in DiRT 5. The way the cars feel etc.

from memory they went to Codemasters, where they did OnRush (which nobody bought) and then DiRT 5. I’m not sure what happened after that. IMO you can feel a bit of Driveclub DNA in DiRT 5. The way the cars feel etc.
Some of that team also worked on PC3 as well.

DRIVECLUB™_20231024212248.png

You just can't say "no" to that game :D

Back