IS-F in the DTC Championship?

  • Thread starter Thread starter QuikSlvr223
  • 9 comments
  • 986 views
Messages
459
United States
North Carolina
Messages
QuikSlvr223
I just checked the entry requirements for the German Touring Car Championship in the A-Spec Extreme Series, and it says that the Lexus IS-F Racing Conncept '08 is eligable. I thought Lexus was a sub-brand of Toyota for the United States market, but is there something I don't know? It says in the car's description:
Though it raised hopes that maybe in fact, a Japanese automaker would finally compete in the DTM...
Is it allowed to enter even if the car is not from a German country? All the other cars on the list are German.
 
The car was based off the Opel Astra V8 DTM.
 
You might have missed the Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93 as well. It's also allowed to race in the DTM series (both here in GT5 and IIRL), and it's a blast to drive. If you have it, you have to give that one a go.

Have a good one
 
Any car manufacturer could enter the DTM if they wanted, it's just obviously more logical that only German or European manufacturers would since it's all set in Europe, mostly Germany.
 
No different then Mclarens, Lamborghinis, and Ferraris in the GT500
 
No different then Mclarens, Lamborghinis, and Ferraris in the GT500

And here I was planning on replying with something along these lines as I read down the thread, albeit with proper spelling and punctuation. :lol:
 
My opinion is that it possibly is there to give people a chance to race in that particular event in case you are unlucky and didn't find the other cars in the UCD. But there are a few reasons for it's existence, I'm sure.
 
My opinion is that it possibly is there to give people a chance to race in that particular event in case you are unlucky and didn't find the other cars in the UCD. But there are a few reasons for it's existence, I'm sure.

Yes, it's the only car eligible for that race that is available in the NCD (though why?? I love DTM cars!)

And it's also like NASCAR, Toyota have some premium NASCAR's in the game and they're Japanese.
 
Part of the Toyota Racing RnD team is stationed in Cologne Germany. The former Toyota Formula1 Team for example is located there. There where multiple plans for Toyota to join DTM, rumors even going as far as a joint venture between SuperGT and DTM, which failed due to planned engine size restrictions that both parties could not agree on.

Lexus is also present in the german car market as the luxury portion of Toyota's car lineup, similar as in the states.

So allowing the IS-F concept in the GT5 DTM events is most likely due to those things.
 
Back