Is Gran Turismo 4 really a 60FPS game?

• Thread starter isamu
  • 5 comments

isamu

(Banned)
I replied to a post over in the PCSX2 forum just now and it got me wondering....is GT4 really a 60FPS game? Here's what i posted and I'd like you guys to chime in and tell me if I am crazy or are there parts of the game while driving on track where it dips below 60FPS quite often?

I apologize, I know this is an old thread and I'm sorry for the bump, but I honestly can't understand why this thread has only one reply. Bloodrayne, technically you are correct, that the game was developed to supposedly run at 60FPS, but EL Couz is definitely on to something, in his assertion that the game feels sluggish at times and well below the 60FPS threshold.

I thought I was the only one who noticed this, and i couldn't figure out if it was just me and my mind playing tricks on me, or if it was something real. There are several points in the game when I have to wonder if people are correct in saying that this is a true 60FPS game.

I'm hoping the devs at PCSX2 read this and perhaps shed some light on whether or not this issue is valid, and whether or not it's something that can be addressed through the emulator itself. Please let us know what you guys think. Because as of now, I definitely wouldn't call the performance of the game while on track a rock solid or steady 60FPS experience and would definitely like to know if it's the game itself or the emulator.

Last edited:
it is a 60 FPS game and it is locked like 99% of the time. unless you have a PAL copy which runs at 50 FPS, for the obvious reason.

it feeling sluggish is definitely the interlacing signal fault. change it to progressive and it should be good

Speed hacks in PCSX2 will desync the emulation framerate counter from the actual in-game framerate. As in, the emulator will be running at 60FPS but the emulated game itself might not be running at the full 60FPS.

Speed hacks in PCSX2 will desync the emulation framerate counter from the actual in-game framerate. As in, the emulator will be running at 60FPS but the emulated game itself might not be running at the full 60FPS.

I was not aware of this. Thanks for that information. I'll try disabling the speed hacks and see how it runs.

Doesn't 480p, in the options, output a smoother image? Maybe that's how you get the 60 fps?

Or does this only work on the actual PS2?

Last edited:
Back