Is GT Sport killing my T500 RS?

• Thread starter Topsu
  • 26 comments
Finland
Finland
I am pretty nervous about understeering when playing GT Sport. I feel like the rumble effect in the FFB is already breaking my wheel. It feels like it's lost some accuracy and the wheel sounds weird when it's doing the start up calibration.

Should I just stop playing and wait for a fix? I'm not expecting this to go under warranty if it does break finally. They will just claim excessive force.

My T500 w/ F1 rim has been tripping the electrical breaker on the socket it's plugged into. Every time it has been during the understeer vibration in GTS, probably has happened 10 times so far since I started playing Mon night. I moved the power cord to its own GFCI outlet so I don't lose power to everything else. :(

Is it confirmed PD are going to patch it out?

If not a petition or some serious form of communication with them needs to occur as my T150 is not coping with it well.
I've received the kit to setup my old CSR Elite, but will not use it with GT until patched.

During the Beta after a prolonged session with my G29, you could feel it losing it's sensitivity. Although there were spots in the Beta where they would change the physics that really made my wheel feel like it was about to shake apart. So far so good on GTS on my G29.

During the Beta after a prolonged session with my G29, you could feel it losing it's sensitivity. Although there were spots in the Beta where they would change the physics that really made my wheel feel like it was about to shake apart. So far so good on GTS on my G29.

Hmm.
I wonder if this is occuring with Thrustmaster products only?
Can anyone else report on their G29/CSL?

I am no longer playing until the patch goes in. T300 is out of warranty.

PS3 trick works for a bit, then my PS4 goes into sleep mode after a while.

Csl e user here, been putting some hours in on it. Still performing like new. But I'm not getting any understeer feedback/effects so I have to go by visuals for that. I have both the in game settings turned down and my wheel settings turned down too. If tried to get some sort of understeer feel but no matter the settings it's not coming through, curbs and bumps are though and some slight weight transfer feedback. Hoping the next patch gives us 100% compatibility. And better ffb.

T300RS GT here, no problems so far. Fans whirl up with a light hum after a few minutes use, generally staying on the entire time except when I stop racing, but I haven't had any overheating or loss of FFB yet. Settings are default (5 FFB and 5 FFB sensitivity).

My G29 was also perfectly fine, though it barely got used (upgraded to T300RS GT).

Pd know the problem the t500.they will release a patch.the question is when.i hope tommerrow after the server maintenace I hope.

I hooked up the drivehub to my CSR, no understeer vibrating.

Thrustmaster T150 way too much understeer vibration.

So from everything I'm reading here it seems it's not affecting Fanatec or Logitech.

I have only played gt sport and wrc 7 and with wrc 7 the wheel was normal but with gt sport it had problems ,like others here have mentioned .Yesterday i plugged t 500 into my computer and nothing. The red light in the wheel doesent burn.

I currently have a T300 and I was so worried it was about to break playing the beta that I stopped entirely. I have just ordered the game online in the hope that I can use the 'switch to PS3 mode' as a way of saving my wheel's life.

I am tempted to go out and buy a G29. They are very cheap at the mo.

I have only played gt sport and wrc 7 and with wrc 7 the wheel was normal but with gt sport it had problems ,like others here have mentioned .Yesterday i plugged t 500 into my computer and nothing. The red light in the wheel doesent burn.
You might want to keep checking your wheel. I had the exact same issue, so I ordered another wheel, and was just about to strip my rig but thought I'd give it one last go (I'd noted that some t300 users had the same issue and their wheels came good :boggled:). So I plugged it into my PS3 (which I had also tried several times before) and 🤬 me, it worked. I'm now back playing on the PS4 with no issues. The hard part is gonna be explaining why to my wife (when I don't know why).:crazy:

Any reports since the new patch has released?

I’m glad I haven’t used my way out of warranty T500 yet. I’ve been using the Motion Control on the DS4.

I am pretty nervous about understeering when playing GT Sport. I feel like the rumble effect in the FFB is already breaking my wheel. It feels like it's lost some accuracy and the wheel sounds weird when it's doing the start up calibration.

Hi mate, I played GT Sport the other day for 5 hours with a Thrustmaster T150 and then boom the light went out and wheel went limp.
Yup the wheel broke. I since then made it a paper weight, and never buying TM again as it's my second replacement wheel.
Brought a all leather Logitech G29 the other day by that time they patched the game and this wheel feels fantastic and so much better built.

Should I just stop playing and wait for a fix? I'm not expecting this to go under warranty if it does break finally. They will just claim excessive force.

XXI
Is it confirmed PD are going to patch it out?

If not a petition or some serious form of communication with them needs to occur as my T150 is not coping with it well.
I've received the kit to setup my old CSR Elite, but will not use it with GT until patched.
My T150 broke after 5 hours play before the patch won't be buying Thrustmaster again. Brought a Logitech G29 and BY then they patched the game by dam that wheel feels sturdy and is quality

My T150 died after 5 hours play
I currently have a T300 and I was so worried it was about to break playing the beta that I stopped entirely. I have just ordered the game online in the hope that I can use the 'switch to PS3 mode' as a way of saving my wheel's life.

I am tempted to go out and buy a G29. They are very cheap at the mo.

My thrustmaster t150 died after 5 hours of GT Sport Tuesday. Never buying Thrustmaster again, so went out picked up a G29 with shifter and pedal set for £219 the game was patched the day after but the wheel is fantastic feels so premium quality over TM and they are known for longevity some over 10 years

Back