Is GT6 worth buying now?

  • Thread starter Thread starter doyley101
  • 7 comments
  • 1,115 views
Messages
132
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
Messages
doyley_007
I've been thinking about buying GT6 or something else such as Grid Autosport to tide me over until that autumn when my PS4 can finally get some racing action on it.
However my question is this: has GT6 improved sufficiently since launch to warrant buying?

Specifically I want to know if:
1) The cockpit framerate has been fixed
2) The AI has been improved since launch, or if it's genuinely exciting to race against
3) The new sounds that were promised have arrived, the vanilla ones are just atrocious.

Thanks and sorry if this is the wrong place, I haven't been on here for 6 months :)
 
1) depends on the system i think... mines a superslim 500GB and its absolutely fine...
2) errr... well if exiting to you is exactly the same as they where, unless your in a seasonal event in which they strive to kill you as efficiently as possible, then yes!
3) hmmm... there are a few cars that sound genuinely ok, but 98% of them still suck.

And to answer you question, IT IS DEFINITELY WORTH BUYING!!!!:bowdown:👍:gtpflag:

Ok but seriously, based on the fact that all of your three problems more or less remain in GT, then its probably not your cup of tea... i still recommend trying its updated version though, if its possible.

sorry :indiff:
 
Hmmmmm... How's the AI compared to GT5? It was almost adequate in arcade on hard difficulty but A-Spec was appallingly easy. is career any more challenging that GT5? Or is it still just a grind? And are the exciting cars (LMPs, F1 cars, WRC, GT3 etc.) unlocked from the start or early on, or will I have to do 50hrs of MX5s and Daihatsu Midgets before I can drive something fun?
 
Hmmm difficult to say if you would enjoy GT6. I mean whats good for me might not be good for you.

The A I is poor I won't deny that.

The physics model is good and some courses are an amazing challenge.

Sounds range from poor to adequate.

If you want challenging race action I think you need to go online (check out youtube for some videos of online race action)

GRID Autosport is a good game with challenging A I and decent graphics (as long as you don't use cockpit mode. The cockpit view is very poor). It sounds ok too. BUT it isn't GT6. I always seem to come back to GT6 (or GT5 if I want to do endurance events).

Steve
 
The AIs have improved in its aggression but not its brain. They are exciting in a way that making it hard for you to win such as rear end you, attack on the side or even kill you literally (if it is a real race). Yeah so it is more exciting :D

I spent very little time grinding. I spent a lot more time doing seasonal events such as time trials, racing with these gangster AIs :D and still got plenty of credit on my way to get more exciting cars. One thing i like about the seasonal events are that they only appear in 2 weeks? and then replaced by new seasonal events. It also seems that every new weeks have its own theme and challenge.

My experience is positive so far.
 
I bought GAS because I remembered thinking to myself back in GT5 that if standards return then there is zero chance that I would buy GT6, and as they don't seem to have fixed any of their other glaring faults with the game I decided against it on principle. Although Grid has horribly half-arsed cockpits as well, so I guess I just have terrible double standards and prejudice :)
 
Back