Is hybriding dead?

Recently, since GT5P came out and GT5 is probably on its way, has everybody abandoned hybriding in Gran Turismo 4?

No more advancement, files needed for hybriding can't be downloaded anymore, the brains behind hybriding haven't been active for a while, which means it died somehow... unless there are some of you who still have those precious files? If so, please PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Download links are dying eventually but I think I've got the most important ones stored on my hd, among with a good number of hybrid saves posted on the big thread.
Of course I'm still dreaming about resuming hybriding :) It's just I really haven't had any time for it..

don't get your hopes up, guys. for those of us Hybriders (my focus was on GT2), it's kind of dead. Purists are screaming bloody murder, even now, that GT uses anything but race cars :P also, cheat devices are still seen as "CHEAT" over everything else.

i'm currently using a Hybrided save for GT4...whoever did them WAY overpowered the cars, though (an 800 horse BEAT? a 2200 horse R33?! you can't controll them!)

Oh yeah, hybriding is dead. REAL dead.:ouch: And by the way, what's up with the whole "Giant Real Network" we have on here?:confused: Is that something new we did?:confused:

I just built a Mazda Demio with a GT40 engine and RWD (GT3). I recently started hybriding again, because I'm so bored with all my racing games. Never tried hybriding in GT4. Seemed overly complicated and time consumming =, when compared to the ease of using MK's.

;)

I still hybrid all the time in GT3 (my latest creation is a white Silvia Spec-R with the Calibra engine that is pared back to 220 HP using the multiplier. Just because), but I don't think GT4 hybridizing (Firefox's spelling, not mine) ever really got that far in the first place for it to be called "dead."

Yep I think it became dead at the beginning when they all thought that we all had action replays and gamesharks the whole world over, us people with code breakers were completely left out. So to the people that have the latter other devices bugger off.

Yep I think it became dead at the beginning when they all thought that we all had action replays and gamesharks the whole world over, us people with code breakers were completely left out. So to the people that have the latter other devices bugger off.

I hate to prod this back open, but...

what happened to Codebreakers? i had to give up on them because they seem to have locked out all public server emails. Codebreaker has most of the interesting codes you wanna play with, and now you can't even access the site.

Codebreakers... probably some sort of lawsuit about making products that do not work.

Honestly, I haven't done any Hybridding since GT3... and its very sad to me to think that GT5 will break if we adjust any of the settings...

The least I can hope for is some sort of built in modding, Like Tubbed axles, over-sized tires/wheels, and engine swaps that are cross-manufacturer.

Not many of you may recognize my name, But I was there at the beginning... where Hybridding exploded, Day one that the Gameshark Pro came out, I made my first Hybrid... shortly afterwards, a website I joined, gave birth to thousands of spreadsheets, lists, programs, and we even converted codes for Datel to use in their own product.

The fact that there is no chance of having frozen code editing in this generation, truly breaks my heart... It gave potential to games that were great, to be epic... and even bad games to be decent, by people with high school educations changing a line of code that is broken.

But alas, part of my life, that truly gave me some character, has been lost to technology advancing too fast for the layman to keep up.

The fact that there are people hacking the older technology, gives me hope that one day, there will be another chance for me to enjoy changing an FFEF to a BC04... but until that happens... I'll just take pictures...

Wonderpill Sounding Off...
-AKA- Apex Omega

Hey wonderpill, I remember you. And you're talking about GTH, right? Man, that was a fun time. I know I came into it after GT2 came out, but still. It changed GT2 from a fun game that was way too time consuming for what I wanted to do, into something completely new and different from anything I had ever played before. Other games were opened up wide, providing hours upon hours of ridiculously fun and interesting things to do...it spoiled me a bit, I guess.

I was extremely disappointed when something like the Gameshark Pro failed to materialize for the PS2, and sad as it is, it doesn't really surprise me to see nothing at all for this generation. But I honestly can't blame people for screaming CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT. After all, if it was as easy these days as it used to be, online would be utterly screwed.

I do some pretty in-depth hybriding in GT4 to this day. My gallery is full of such cars, and most of them have a different gimmick to them. But I see hybrids as going the way of the dinosaurs, less people will be interested in them.

hey, nowadays, there's times I could use a friggin code generator, period. the two cheat disks i DO have won't work half the time (and I found out why...and it's not the condition of the disk, either), you can't find ones for some of the other systems (i bought myself a gamecube, and I wanna frigging finish some of these games)

how's this for an odd rod? I stuffed a Viper V10 in a subie 360 once :P

how's this for an odd rod? I stuffed a Viper V10 in a subie 360 once :P

I have had quite a few crazy hybrids... A Fiat 500 with an F1 V10. A Mercedes CLS with F1 Chassis, GT40 Engine, and Twin Superchargers.

I sure do miss Hybrid building.

;)

I think I still have my Gameshark pro... I ditched the PS a long time ago.... I just think it would be cool to show this stuff off now that I could... since now I do Video Capture for games now.

All I want is a dev console... with the memory freeze button...

The chances of me ever designing my own game are far off... somewhere between winning the lotto or losing both of my legs... at that time I will start making something between the old Street rod games, and what GT5 is going to offer... probably closer to the Street rod games... lol

My Youtube has some stuff on it... but will likely end up having tons of GT5 stuff on it once I dig in the hooks in November... Fingers crossed on the release date of November 2nd.

Oh... Here is the Link to the Youtube... I am going to post one of my GT3 vids that I did years ago... its bad quality but its before I even got an LCD tv...

http://www.youtube.com/user/ApexCadaver?feature=mhw4

Back