Is it cheating?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kurichan_1
  • 9 comments
  • 2,012 views
Messages
15
Germany
Germany
I had some nice time with the new cars yesterday. Like probably most enthusiasts I was spending most of it in the M3 which can be a handful on harder tyres. In a N200 only BOP lobby I was pushing hard but could not beat the times of the top 2 drivers in M3s. I waited for them to pass so I could learn from their lines. Turns out I was faster in all corners but they were pulling away on the straights. So I watched them race from the lobby, switched to the front number view - and I could hear a modified trans, unlike the regular one. Seems like a modified car that is dialled back through BOP is faster. ...now, in a BOP race....do you think this is cheating?
 
If BOP is on but tuning is allowed you can change the gear ratio, as BOP only effects weight and power.
So it's not cheating.

If you want to prevent this you'll have to disable tuning in the lobby settings.
 
Ok, thanks. It just took an eternity to understand where the difference comes from. The gap is huge at the Nürburgring with the long Döttinger Höhe. Damn was I pissed haha
 
Ok, thanks. It just took an eternity to understand where the difference comes from. The gap is huge at the Nürburgring with the long Döttinger Höhe. Damn was I pissed haha

Lobby matches are full of people who have dialed tunes for the track who just rinse and repeat wins over incoming people. I don't have time to dig into all the glitchy aspects of whatever tunes everybody is doing so I just stick to Sport races.
 
Lobby matches are full of people who have dialed tunes for the track who just rinse and repeat wins over incoming people. I don't have time to dig into all the glitchy aspects of whatever tunes everybody is doing so I just stick to Sport races.
It would be easier to tune in lobbies if they let you do it while races are running. I always feel like you either need the tune prior to entering, be running the lobby yourself, or really you are just being tested on your quick tune skills. Quickk tuning is just guessing though.

The problem for me lies in that most lobbies are constantly switching car classes and tracks so you really gotta have all your tunes figured ahead of time and I have absolutely zero interest in time trialing on my own to tune 200+ cars for all the tracks. It's just too boring.
 
It would be easier to tune in lobbies if they let you do it while races are running. I always feel like you either need the tune prior to entering, be running the lobby yourself, or really you are just being tested on your quick tune skills. Quickk tuning is just guessing though.

The problem for me lies in that most lobbies are constantly switching car classes and tracks so you really gotta have all your tunes figured ahead of time and I have absolutely zero interest in time trialing on my own to tune 200+ cars for all the tracks. It's just too boring.
It's a bug. If they're racing and you can't tune your car, go watch the race. It doesn't have to be the whole race or anything, just as long as you entered full screen. If you exit watching the race you can now tune your car

For the tunes I just do a quick search here on the tuning sub-forum :lol: or I go to praiano's youtube channel.
Lobby matches are full of people who have dialed tunes for the track who just rinse and repeat wins over incoming people. I don't have time to dig into all the glitchy aspects of whatever tunes everybody is doing so I just stick to Sport races.
Not to mention people whose lives are literally one specific track in one specific car in one specific tune. They may set Top 10-esque times there but take them to another track and they'll crumble :lol:
 
It's a bug. If they're racing and you can't tune your car, go watch the race. It doesn't have to be the whole race or anything, just as long as you entered full screen. If you exit watching the race you can now tune your car

For the tunes I just do a quick search here on the tuning sub-forum :lol: or I go to praiano's youtube channel.

Holy hell... life altering information right here. lol Thanks! :cheers:

I get a kick out of making my own tunes and testing them out. Im learning a lot about the process this way and can tune to my specific needs. Honestly its half the fun of lobby racing for me. especially when i make a quick and crappy tune then they start the final before i can tweak it and I have to try to keep up with a seriously underperforming car.
 
Holy hell... life altering information right here. lol Thanks! :cheers:

I get a kick out of making my own tunes and testing them out. Im learning a lot about the process this way and can tune to my specific needs. Honestly its half the fun of lobby racing for me. especially when i make a quick and crappy tune then they start the final before i can tweak it and I have to try to keep up with a seriously underperforming car.
:cheers:

I wish I could do that; if I touch anything on a car I ruin the whole thing :lol: best I can do are minor LSD adjustments to preset tunes
 
:cheers:

I wish I could do that; if I touch anything on a car I ruin the whole thing :lol: best I can do are minor LSD adjustments to preset tunes
Only way to learn is to dive in head first and ask questions
 
Back