Is it GT7?

• Thread starter spokentee
  • 18 comments
theron1
I will and have always loved GT I have played from the very beginning, so please don't take offense but I believe the pulling to the left may be GT7 problem only because I purchased a new controller and it was still pulling, then I loaded up ACC and there was no pulling to the left, I test both on Brands Hatch. Even with the old controller on ACC there was no pulling, before anyone reply I'm just posting what I encounter I plan on purchasing a nice wheel for GT7 and the problem will be solved.

I will and have always loved GT I have played from the very beginning, so please don't take offense but I believe the pulling to the left may be GT7 problem only because I purchased a new controller and it was still pulling, then I loaded up ACC and there was no pulling to the left, I test both on Brands Hatch. Even with the old controller on ACC there was no pulling, before anyone reply I'm just posting what I encounter I plan on purchasing a nice wheel for GT7 and the problem will be solved.
It's incredibly unlikely.

What does the steering angle indicator at the bottom of the screen show?

oh, wow I really don't know where that steering angle will be, at the risk of sounding stupid, please tell me where it is and on what screen, thank you.

so how do i fix that?
thats-the-neat-part-you-dont-invincible.gif

That shows the game is receiving a "left" input from a connected device. There is no other cause but this.

If you've replaced the controller with another controller and it's still doing it, the cause might be something more fundamental. Whatever is going on, there's a "go left" signal being sent from a connected device to the game.

As I've got absolutely nothing to go on at this point, we're looking at stuff like "did you really try the new controller?" (hey, all those white controllers look alike), "do you have another controller or a steering wheel connected and are they going left?" (solution here would be to use the PS4/5 main menu to shut down all the other controllers), "are you holding the controller in such a fashion that you're constantly mashing the left stick or d-pad to the left?" (if it still does it while you're sitting immobile on the track and not even holding the controller with your left hand, it won't be that) and so on.

A video showing this in action might help, but probably won't. If you have controller sensitivity whacked up to maximum maybe try turning it down?

Try the controller in other games and see if you still has the same stick drift. If so, you can try to reset the controller (tiny hole at the back side of the controller, next to the Sony logo).
If the stick drift persists, don't fiddle longer than needed, return it and get a new one.

I see you tested the controller in ACC and didn't have the issue. IME though, just because stick drift rears its ugly head in one game and not the other doesn't mean there still isn't a problem.

There are websites where you can test your controller while plugged in to your USB port on your PC. They will check if the controller has any play in it that would cause this problem. ....it will also check the triggers, etc.

I have couple of DualSense controllers with drift and funny enough, GT7 is the one game where the problem isn't a problem. I wish PS5 had a setting to change the dead zone that would apply to all games. Sometimes it's just a little that is needed.

I have to say that the new DS Edge has me interested especially since I've already had to buy 3 new controllers for problems (2 with drift; one that is so bad it's not really useable anymore). You can replace the the whole stick component as a module in the Edge. IIRC, it's $19 vs. $70 for a whole new DS controller.

I see you tested the controller in ACC and didn't have the issue. IME though, just because stick drift rears its ugly head in one game and not the other doesn't mean there still isn't a problem.

There are websites where you can test your controller while plugged in to your USB port on your PC. They will check if the controller has any play in it that would cause this problem. ....it will also check the triggers, etc.

I have couple of DualSense controllers with drift and funny enough, GT7 is the one game where the problem isn't a problem. I wish PS5 had a setting to change the dead zone that would apply to all games. Sometimes it's just a little that is needed.

I have to say that the new DS Edge has me interested especially since I've already had to buy 3 new controllers for problems (2 with drift; one that is so bad it's not really useable anymore). You can replace the the whole stick component as a module in the Edge. IIRC, it's $19 vs. $70 for a whole new DS controller.
Agreed, there could be a deadzone hiding the issue in some games or a number of other settings masking an issue with the controler itself, which is far more likely to be the problem than GT7.

Agreed, there could be a deadzone hiding the issue in some games or a number of other settings masking an issue with the controler itself, which is far more likely to be the problem than GT7.
What is a bit annoying here is that with the Edge controller you can setup a deadzone on the sticks. And you see the inputs in the PS5 software.

Last edited:
What is a bit annoying here is that with the Edge controller you can setup a deadzone on the sticks. And you see the inputs in the PS5 software.
And no way am I paying £200 for a gamepad,, My dual sense has drift and I've hardly used it as I pretty much only play Driving sims/games using my wheel. I preferred the dual shock to the Dual sense.

Last edited:
After experiencing some drifting in the game too, I had a good look when it happens in the game and noticed that it only happens when I get some damage on the car and the car pulls to one side. It corrected itself after I saw the damage repaired.
So, this is probably game related and intended too.

Last edited:
And no way am I paying £200 for a gamepad,, My dual sense has drift and I've hardly used it as I pretty much only play Driving sims/games using my wheel. I preferred the dual shock to the Dual sense.
It definitly is more expensive than the features would make it seem reasonable, but personally I consider it was already worth its price.
Just have to see how much stress the sticks can take before replacing them is necessary.

It definitly is more expensive than the features would make it seem reasonable, but personally I consider it was already worth its price.
Just have to see how much stress the sticks can take before replacing them is necessary.

I'm tempted, but the over 200 gbp price point is pushing it for me. In the past year I've bought the Fanatec wheel, now vr, so reluctant to shell out for a 'pro' joypad too.

That said, I have the xbox elite 2 controller (which was around 160gbp iirc), and that feels much better than the standard series x controllers. The build quality of these PS5 standard controllers seems very poor tbh, compared to previous gens. And they're not particularly cheap either are they.

Last edited:
For the first half year and about 30.000 km of the game i had a sharp left turn-pull for one or two seconds about every two- to three thousand kilometres with both my Dualsenses. Which absolutely ruined races and fun sometimes. Some month ago i realized that it was gone. No controller issues in other games. So what i couldn't understand and nobody in the forum noticed just turned to be ok. Still must have been some rare softwareissue that they cleaned out...

I'm sorry to post again but I believe there have to be some help in GT community. GT7 is pulling to the left with Duel Sense PS5 controller and it's hard for me to enjoy game, it is the game because I have tried ACC and there is no pulling to the left, also I was racing Clubman Cup 550 on Grand Valley Highway trying to place first so in one race the controller would work fine then in the very next race the controller would pull hard to the left. Please try to help me even if there is no fix, is there an explanation? I have tried just about everything.

Last edited:
Please try to help me even if there is no fix, is there an explanation? I have tried just about everything.
The last time you posted this, I responded with this post:

If you've replaced the controller with another controller and it's still doing it, the cause might be something more fundamental. Whatever is going on, there's a "go left" signal being sent from a connected device to the game.

As I've got absolutely nothing to go on at this point, we're looking at stuff like "did you really try the new controller?" (hey, all those white controllers look alike), "do you have another controller or a steering wheel connected and are they going left?" (solution here would be to use the PS4/5 main menu to shut down all the other controllers), "are you holding the controller in such a fashion that you're constantly mashing the left stick or d-pad to the left?" (if it still does it while you're sitting immobile on the track and not even holding the controller with your left hand, it won't be that) and so on.

A video showing this in action might help, but probably won't. If you have controller sensitivity whacked up to maximum maybe try turning it down?
As you didn't make a response (or a video), nobody knows what the "everything" you've tried is.

The last time you posted this, I responded with this post:

As you didn't make a response (or a video), nobody knows what the "everything" you've tried is.
Thank you for responding, so I tried controller settings like sensitivity up/down, I put the part (steering angle for drifting) on the vehicle, I let the left stick go and the car would just pull to the left wall or off the road. my controller is the only one on the PS5 there is no other items connected. I love GT so I won't give up on it, I play sims on the PC so I have a DD wheel setup but it's for PC only, I guess eventually. I could purchase a nice wheel but, in the meantime, I was trying to give it a go with the controller (which is nice effects)

I guess I found out the problem, I cycled through the 3 control options, the left stick, the D pad, and tilting the controller, after that there is no pulling to the left, again thank you and much respect to the community.

Back