Is it just me or...?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Prenihility
  • 15 comments
  • 1,521 views
Messages
96
Canada
Ontario
Messages
Prenihility
Is accumulation of credits incredibly slow in GT6. Yes, i've only played the game for a few hours so far, but damn... is it slow. I can't see myself fully tuning a decent car any time soon. I went through to the National A License so i could participate in Seasonals. And the payout for Seasonal events are very, very weak, too. Equivalent to Amateur event payouts, pretty well.

I hope they buff up the payout for seasonals with a bonus or something.


And while it does add to the addictive factor, it's SLUGGISHLY slow. Not slow... Too slow, that's for damn sure. And if anything else isn't an indication, it's the microtransactions for in-game credits. I was also laughing at Amazon's preorder bonus of 1,000,000 credits. Now it makes perfect sense.

:sick: It's quite ridiculous, actually.
 
i agree pren i should have realized it was going to be tough when the microtransactions and amazon preorder showed up
 
Lengthens the gameplay time to finish. I'm ok with it. Then you don't finish the game in 10 hours.
 
...any exploits?
 
Play GT3, then complain about the amount of credits per race.

You shouldn't just be handed 10 grand for winning your first race, 1,000cr was what it used to be.


Having lower payouts gives you more excitement when you finally have enough for that one car you've been saving up for.
 
Play GT3, then complain about the amount of credits per race.

You shouldn't just be handed 10 grand for winning your first race, 1,000cr was what it used to be.


Having lower payouts gives you more excitement when you finally have enough for that one car you've been saving up for.
Perhaps, but the endgame is going to suck when it's impossible to get any high-end cars.
 
Finish the game in 10 hours? You got 1000 cars in 10 hours in GT5? Beast Mode! :boggled:

Yes, it's the microtransactions. Just like EA, seems every dev wants to sell a premium game, then erect artificially high walls to actually getting to play all of the game or be competitive, and try to force people to buy tokens to get there. And they do. I know people who dropped thousands into the EA Tiger Woods scheme this past year. There's thousands of people buying the 80 dollar Lotus on Forza right now. It's sad and pathetic, but I guess this stuff is just like spam. Just put it out there and enough fools will click on it to make it hugely profitable. Just a shame that the average racer who just wants to race the cars he wants to race on a game he's paid a premium price for is the one getting screwed here. While little Johhny with his mom's Visa has everything.
 
Play GT3, then complain about the amount of credits per race.

You shouldn't just be handed 10 grand for winning your first race, 1,000cr was what it used to be.


Having lower payouts gives you more excitement when you finally have enough for that one car you've been saving up for.
omg it was soooooooo anoying! and in GT4 the first races only gave you 600! it was so hard to get credits that when i played GT5, i was in awe and i got bored quickly, but then i realised that i just LOVE CARS, so ive been playing it since!
 
I like it a little more difficult. National B starts pulling in 20-30k per race though;)
 
We are only at the beginning of the game. I think you are too used to GT5's endgame seasonals.
 
Has no one done the Lunar events? They pay out $30,000 per race! So far for me, there's been three = $90K :).

Right now I've just done the first two events in National B or the one after, left off at the night races and I'm getting paid around 7K per race. I currently have $372K in the bank :).
 
Last edited:
well not too many people here are higher up in the series to tell you how much you'll be winning, but I'm sure it'll be enough to afford the higher end cars once we're there.

I laughed when I saw 7mill credit for FIFTY bucks... yes $50!!!! The Ferrari 250 GTO is like a $120 car then if we look at it that way :lol:
 
Moon missions + seasonals and you're at ~120k+.
 
Haha, amazon gave me...
Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg
 
I did the 4 goodwood events and got a bit over $200k and prize cars worth a bit over $2mil.

Just started National A have over $500k and several cars in the garage at this point, Events are paying more as I go and still really early in the races.

I don't know what people expected, the initial Novice level races are always short easy and low payout and not just in GT6 but in most all racing games.

You can't expect to get 50K for 2 laps around autumn ring mini, 4k is fine for those races and they will get higher as you go.
 
Back