Is it just me?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Authentic718
  • 15 comments
  • 1,708 views
Messages
172
Messages
Bloodshot_718
Is it just me or does the Nurbrurgring seem much more narrow in GT5 then in real life? There seems to be much more road at the real Nurb.
 
Well since GT5 is the most realistic thing ever made (even more realistic than real life itself) it must be 100% accurate.
 
Yes, it is around 4 cars width in real life, in game it's barely 2.5 ... The undulation is there in game, but still not as dramatic as real life. They have done a good job though considering, it is a large track.
 
i agree. at some sections it even seems like the road's just a lane and a half wide. or do i really have a bad perception? LOL :D
 
i agree. at some sections it even seems like the road's just a lane and a half wide.

I's almost impossible to pass online in a race cleanly unless the driver in front makes a mistake, especially if you are in a foreign room. The lag makes it even harder to complete a pass.
 
Use the Extra Zoom option for the cockpit view and it will look almost like real life.
 
Check out the videos in the middle of this thread. Shows a real and GT5 Zonda going around Nurb. Yes, the GT5 looks narrower but notice that the GT5 Zonda also looks smaller. I'm sure the track looks smaller because of the platform/software we're viewing it on.
 
Use the Extra Zoom option for the cockpit view and it will look almost like real life.

Check out the videos in the middle of this thread. Shows a real and GT5 Zonda going around Nurb. Yes, the GT5 looks narrower but notice that the GT5 Zonda also looks smaller. I'm sure the track looks smaller because of the platform/software we're viewing it on.

These both seem right. I really doubt PD would mess this track up of all tracks. Everything seems smaller. Ever try staying in the same lane at any City Course, especially SSR5? That proves that the problem resides in the camera view.
 
Having been there twice, I think GT5 is pretty close in every way. Nothing compares to GT5's version.
When I first went out at speed with the ring taxi, the thing that took me was how narrow it felt in the first sector, other bits are a little wider but through Hatzenbach it just feels like barely 2 car widths.
Others may disagree but that's how it felt to me.
 
In every video I've seen Nurb looks narrow to me.
 
I think, it seems really close to the real track. Differences often happen during wrong FOV or camera settings. So they often do not fit the human view or tv camera view.

So you shouldn´t think about it too much- GT5´s Nordschleife is the best you will get in any racing game.
 
slash308
Yes, it is around 4 cars width in real life, in game it's barely 2.5 ... The undulation is there in game, but still not as dramatic as real life. They have done a good job though considering, it is a large track.

4 car lengths?? You must be exagerating, Maybe on the big straight.
 
Others have noticed it too...I think it's maybe a little too thin as well.
 
It's very accurate in fact.

[youtubehd]S9s_G1ph_vA[/youtubehd]

gt-7kqk3.jpg

gt-6zp74.jpg

gt-5wtlk.jpg

gt-4yqix.jpg

gt-3oow5.jpg

gt-2fqj2.jpg


[youtubehd]7wsZtGyTnrQ[/youtubehd]

3632523879_ed9f0632fa_pr33.jpg

5262129058_6509b6f758_zpvi.jpg


Monty-Sidhu1.jpg

gt-1lsqx.jpg
 
dening80
Having been there twice, I think GT5 is pretty close in every way. Nothing compares to GT5's version.
When I first went out at speed with the ring taxi, the thing that took me was how narrow it felt in the first sector, other bits are a little wider but through Hatzenbach it just feels like barely 2 car widths.
Others may disagree but that's how it felt to me.

Yea your probably right, after doing more of an in depth observation of the track I have realized it's VERY close to the real thing, PD did an amazing job recreating this track. I just thought it may have been a bit more narrow on certain corners, but hey, you actually been to the nurb so what do I know lol :D
 
Back