Is it just me !

• Thread starter Phd77
  • 5 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi All, thought it was about time I posted up my thoughts, thing is I don't really get all the complaining that goes on about the racing online, I'm a B-S rated driver, got there fairly quickly and dispite a few knocks, bumps and such my rating has been very stable, nearly always well matched drivers and all trying to drive clean but still race hard , which is maybe where some people struggle , in racing, people sometimes get it wrong and even get hot headed and make bad dicisions but as long as it's not a consistent problem well "that's racing" , just be thankful that when that one person gets in wrong in the first corner and takes out 5 cars your not looking at thousands of pounds/euros to fix your car, you just start the next race, for me PD have given me a game which is just what I wanted, the ability to turn on the PS at any time and have great online racing , all I want now is for PD to grow this area of the game to give more variety , pit stops would be good and more tracks a priority , especially as I do avoid some tracks online due to there nature and discipline needed to drive them cleanly , at tracks like Mount Panamara people need to understand you just can't overtake no matter how much faster you are than the car infront, its frustrating but again "that's racing" . That's it really , I've done around 130 online races , only around 30 of them have been awarded a clean race but nearly all of them have been great fun , for me the future is looking good.

It's not just you. I have truly enjoyed GTS. I am also ranked B/S, the racing is great. I have really enjoyed Sport Mode. Find myself excited every day to set up my wheel and get racing. I too have avoided some races, too much chaos. Yesterday was the first day I logged in and decided against racing at all. I wanted to race so bad too. But, until they fix Gr. 4... I'm staying away. The one makes aren't fun to me. Hoping there is a good Gr. 3 today. The future looks promising and I am excited to see what it brings. I hope PD keeps working on Sport Mode and doesn't neglect it with all the people complaining about lack of single player.

The experience was great in the beginning, quickly made it up to BS as well. Then I started to race outside of peak hours on NA servers which brakes matchmaking and for some reason brings out the dirty drivers.

Now after playing during peak hours again the game has turned back to mostly fun (with the occasional bad apple causing trouble) instead of mostly frustrating. It also depends a lot on how much effort you put in qualifying. The experience is vastly different whether you start in the top 5, or 6 to 12 where most of the bad driving occurs. FIA championships also have a higher chance to bring out the ugly or simply give the few dirty drivers more time to mess up more of the field.

I have done 440 Sport races so far, been all over the place, E to B to D to B to D to close to A atm, SR.S mostly unless temporarily knocked back into SR.A after a string of messy races. About 30% of them have a clean race bonus, longest streak is 16, yet while competitively racing my longest streak hasn't gotten past 4. Someone is bound to make a mistake while you slow down not to run into the person in front of you, it happens.

But overall, despite being absolutely frustrating at times, the game is a lot of fun. Otherwise I wouldn't be sitting at 440 races.

Then I started to race outside of peak hours on NA servers which brakes matchmaking and for some reason brings out the dirty drivers.

Now after playing during peak hours again the game has turned back to mostly fun (with the occasional bad apple causing trouble) instead of mostly frustrating.

Don't want to get off topic...

It's the opposite for me, also in NA servers. The racing is cleaner mid day or late night. The afternoon/ evening or weekend is usually much more chaotic. I figured it was due to kids playing after school and before bed.

Don't want to get off topic...

It's the opposite for me, also in NA servers. The racing is cleaner mid day or late night. The afternoon/ evening or weekend is usually much more chaotic. I figured it was due to kids playing after school and before bed.

Odd. I've been sneaking in a couple of races at lunch time, so 12 to 1 EST during the week. Matchmaking is having trouble at that time grouping A to D together with laggy players from far away. Lag is killer for clean racing. Brazil or Italy to Canada, it's just too far for a stable experience. Saturday afternoon was a mess too, Sunday was a lot cleaner. Perhaps it also depends on the track.

Anyway the experience varies wildly based on Matchmaking results. Top 5 start or all the way at the bottom (foregoing to qualify) is usually fine. Getting matched at 7 to 10 is the worst, especially when there's players with 3 bars in front and behind me. The more people are on, the better the connections as it can match people geographically closer together, which makes for a better experience.

On topic. It's not just you. The highs can be really high in this game. It can be just as much fun or even more to battle for 10th position with a good driver than battle for first. Winning is just a bonus and sometimes the least fun when you get out in front and nothing happens during the race. My fondest races are those where I keep swapping places with the same player(s) during the race. Or start last and make it from 16th to 5th in 4 laps with a clean race bonus. (Too bad starting last kills DR rating as you usually only make up a few places)

I would like to see the rally tracks and Nordschleife to make the occasional appearance in the daily races. My dream is still to have an endurance race on Nurburgring 24h with 200 cars on track in staged starts, different classes, pit stops and all. (Not 24h though an hour is fine!)
And more tracks ofcourse, Sarthe and Francorchamps are a must. GR.1 races as well please.

Latest Posts

Back