Is it just...moi??

So compadres...

I was getting a bit bored of driving on FM4's tracks over and over. So popped in FM3 the other day, installed it and...whaaaa?!!

I had almost forgotten how GORGEOUS the tracks looked in FM3. Particularly tracks like Camino, The Ring', Road America, Maple, Twin RM, Sedona and a few others look so tasteful..it makes me wonder if losing all that detail in FM4 was really worth it. The engine sounds aren't bad at all. I mean F4's physics and sounds are second to none, but FM3 isn't lagging behind by much.

It just felt so gratifying to experience the old tracks again..and the tracks do feel tigther and more realistic..much closer to their real life counterparts. And they feel like challenging circuits. I gotta give it to F4's added sense of speed, but FM3 just seems better looking on a whole. Now I know the cars look better in F4, nice lighting, reflections and all.. but you gotta admit the track visuals did take a hit. And I wish T10 hadn't made them all so wide.

Kinda stinks you don't get to hear modified engine sounds and exhaust notes after making engine upgrades.. which is why I race stock cars and non-modified cars only in FM3!!

I hope T10 doesn't turn into a future EA...losing the good ol stuff to add new stuff.

It just felt VERY good to go back to FM3, and take a break from 4. So, I'd very much like to hear your thoughts and comments on this.

Happy motoring :cheers:

I might pop FM1 in over the weekend just to drive the old tacks, especially old Fujimi Kaido, that place was beautiful compared to the new place!

Hey Fujimi in FM3 is to die for, compared to the one in 4. Shucks, wish they hadn't knocked out so much detail from the tracks.

Haven't played FM1.

3 and 4's Kaido similar? Nahhh bro! Check it out again...4's Kaido is a bit dull and drab. I really miss the use of colors in FM3. 4's track can look a bit dull at times.

Anyhoo, 4 still offers vast improvements to overshadow the minor shortcomings.

Back