Is it just my system?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jaywalker
  • 16 comments
  • 1,373 views

Jaywalker

(Banned)
Messages
2,479
Messages
Rhinoafrica
The graphics for the first part of La Sarthe seem to be really inferior on my system. (A & B spec normal races - not day/night enduros.) The grass seems yellowish & the light is a bit weird. The resolution is also not that great. Only after I get onto the main straight do they seem to improve. I have a new console connected to a 'HD ready' TV via a HDMI cable. (Set to 1080)

Has anyone else noticed this or could it just be my system?
 
its GT5, most of the tracks are like the standard cars...lol. the City Tracks are the best graphic wise
 
I agree. I think the whole of suzuka looks pretty poor too. It's not your tv.
I think the other person is right, just like some standard cars look horrid, so do some track locations. GT5's graphics are far from uniform.
 
Which La Sarthe are you racing on? Chicanes? No Chicanes? Day/night weather La Sarthe?
 
I've never had this problem. Could it be that your HDMI cable is not good quality?
 
I think HD ready only supports upto 1080i, which i think is inferior to 720p. Change your settings to 720p and see what it looks like!
 
Which La Sarthe are you racing on? Chicanes? No Chicanes? Day/night weather La Sarthe?

Normal A & B spec races (Eg: Sports Cup) on the chicane circuit. Not day/night.

Thanks for the tips & info, guys. 👍 I'll change that setting & see what it does. :)
 
Normal A & B spec races (Eg: Sports Cup) on the chicane circuit. Not day/night.

Thanks for the tips & info, guys. 👍 I'll change that setting & see what it does. :)

Hmmm Weird? Ive never noticed what you described on that circuit. Maybe the tips given will help. Godo luck! 👍
 
Data bit stream... Ones and zeros. Either the data is there or it's not. As long as it's a 1.3 HDMI, that's all you need for MOST tv's.

DO NOT GET SUCKED INTO "HIGH END" HDMI CABLES!!!


👍
 
The graphics for the first part of La Sarthe seem to be really inferior on my system. (A & B spec normal races - not day/night enduros.) The grass seems yellowish & the light is a bit weird. The resolution is also not that great. Only after I get onto the main straight do they seem to improve. I have a new console connected to a 'HD ready' TV via a HDMI cable. (Set to 1080)

Has anyone else noticed this or could it just be my system?

No, it is not just you. I know exactly what you speak of. The yellow grass and crappy overall look are there, no doubt. It honestly does seem to look better once you get on the straight, though. Maybe the plain look they went for on a few sections were a bit too overstated.
 
I've been having graphical issues with other games on my PS3 and it is just now starting to trickle into GT5. On la Sarthe, sand turns into a weird yellow grid pattern. Could this be what you are seeing?

Other examples are Fuji Speedway having mostly turquoise/red tarmac, Monza having pink stripes all over the sky, and course editor stages having pieces of track or scenery suddenly extend to infinity....
 
I've been having graphical issues with other games on my PS3 and it is just now starting to trickle into GT5. On la Sarthe, sand turns into a weird yellow grid pattern. Could this be what you are seeing?

Other examples are Fuji Speedway having mostly turquoise/red tarmac, Monza having pink stripes all over the sky, and course editor stages having pieces of track or scenery suddenly extend to infinity....

Sounds like your PS3 may be dying:scared:
 
I've been having graphical issues with other games on my PS3 and it is just now starting to trickle into GT5. On la Sarthe, sand turns into a weird yellow grid pattern. Could this be what you are seeing?

Other examples are Fuji Speedway having mostly turquoise/red tarmac, Monza having pink stripes all over the sky, and course editor stages having pieces of track or scenery suddenly extend to infinity....

No I haven't seen this type of thing at all. I'm not sure what that is.

I just notice that some tracks have places where there's just something that doesn't look as good somehow as other places.
I would say the 1st part of Sarthe, and parts of suzuka just somehow don't look as smooth & nice as some other tracks do.
Autumn looks very smooth to me, overall.
Some of the trees on some of the tracks look better than others.
That sort of thing.
I'm sure it's more noticeable on some tvs than others, to some people more than others.
My bf & I use the same tv - but I notice these things, and he doesn't.
So I think it's less about your tv, and more about the quality of graphics used inconsistently in gt5... and whether you're sensitive to them or not.
 
I've been having graphical issues with other games on my PS3 and it is just now starting to trickle into GT5. On la Sarthe, sand turns into a weird yellow grid pattern. Could this be what you are seeing?

Other examples are Fuji Speedway having mostly turquoise/red tarmac, Monza having pink stripes all over the sky, and course editor stages having pieces of track or scenery suddenly extend to infinity....

No, nothing nearly this bad. Maybe you've got hardware problems? :sick:
 
Data bit stream... Ones and zeros. Either the data is there or it's not. As long as it's a 1.3 HDMI, that's all you need for MOST tv's.

DO NOT GET SUCKED INTO "HIGH END" HDMI CABLES!!!

I went with my father-in-law when he bought an HDD/DVD recorder. The droid tried to sell him a £40 cable! "It's gold plated", he said. I explained the difference between analogue EMF and digital transmission and he just looked sad.

Got a similar (and perfectly working) cable off my favourite tech-site for £1.60 including delivery.

OT: Try turning the sharpness of on your TV - it kind of post-processes the image in a way that's great for TV transmissions and horrible for games.
 
Back