Is it likely to get an actually refurbished T300 RSGT sold as new?

• Thread starter MarcoV
  • 2 comments
Germany
Germany, BW
Hey guys,

( so far ) happy owner of a T300 RSGT, ordered it new from a local website ( Alza.de for who's interested, but it arrived from Alza.cz ).
Package looked brand new, no double stickers or anything.
The only thing bothering me is the conical brake mod. The rubber is quite dirty ( even after cleaning it, but could be factory stuff ) and most of all it was already 'built', with the screw screwed until the very end ( which pisses me off as I don't have a proper size wrench lol ).

Would you think there's the chance that I got 'scammed'?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the likely paranoid post. It's my first proper wheel, I've saved a lot for it and I tend to get a bit paranoid lol.

The conical brake mod should not be pre-installed (some games don't work with it for example). Mine came in a sealed plastic bag. A quick look at some YouTube unboxing vids confirms the same.

The conical brake mod should not be pre-installed (some games don't work with it for example). Mine came in a sealed plastic bag. A quick look at some YouTube unboxing vids confirms the same.
Sorry, I used a wrong wording here.
The mod was not already installed, only already "prepared" e.g. with the rubber already screwed in.

EDIT - Just double checked with an unboxing video, seems it's exactly like I found it.
Probably just paranoia of mine.
So far so good.

I also have the Wheel Stand Pro, the wheel so far behaves perfectly, I have the fan on since day 2 ( played less than one hour and not even consecutively on day 1 ).
Love it.

Back