Is it me ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_Monkey
  • 9 comments
  • 769 views

GTP_Monkey

May the force be with you
Premium
Messages
3,024
England
Top Valley, NG5
Now whenever i try any of the different camara views i find that the steering feels different from say the bumper cam against say the incar view/roof view or 3rd party view, i find the car responds differently in all views.

Is it me or do you guys notice this as well.
 
I think that this might due to the different perspective between the views. For instance say 10 degrees of steering input might look or feel like more in one view than in another making you think the steering input is different. This is all a guess so I might be completely wrong.
 
Its more about how you react from view to view.
 
I think the 'over the roof' view doesn't pitch the camera when you turn in.
 
I notice this aswell.

I've pointed out previously that driving in cockpit-view seems like I'm going slower than I would be on the bumper-cam. I too think it just comes down to perception. It must be said that the bumper-cam is superior (IMO) for hitting the apex every single time, where as depending on the car (single seat or left/right hand drive) it can get tricky otherwise.

Also not sure if the camera angles change at all depending on vehicle... like would the X1 share the same bumper-cam - yes I know, no bumpers - as a Civic? I'm talking about the actual FOV between vehicles, that is do all vehicles share a camera like the bumper that is permanently set at a foot off the ground?
 
Sometimes it looks to me the ride height does affect bumper view cam. But it could be delusion nothing more.
 
It's most noticeable in the 3rd camera angle... IMO.
 
Now whenever i try any of the different camara views i find that the steering feels different from say the bumper cam against say the incar view/roof view or 3rd party view, i find the car responds differently in all views.

Is it me or do you guys notice this as well.

this is speed perception in relation at what point of the car you are viewing, You react differently to corner angles as you view them differently.

The closer you are to the ground the faster it would seem. While driving using the chase view it looks like the car is slower than usual.

The most difficult of views is of course the cockpit cam as we see consider the normal eye level and limits the scope angle within the windshield. The corner entries will be harder to spot with this view though I'm trying my best to use the cockpit view on all events and online racing.

I usually use these views:
cockpit cam on Aspec/Bspec
Overhead cam on Time trials
Overhead cam on Online Racing
Overhead cam on GTP Time attack events

Getting used to the bumper view will make you react quicker and thus benefits getting better using all other view modes.
 
No comment on the topic but good lord look at the OP's picture XD
 
yep the best view from my point of view is driver view then bonnet view
bonnet view is a bit slower to respond to driver view i think
 
Back