is it possible my b-spec is getting worse

  • Thread starter Thread starter youpey
  • 22 comments
  • 1,729 views
Messages
43
I think my B spec driver is getting worse. I put him in my gtr stealth and he almost lost to a standard 300z. i had to spam pace up and overtake and he only beat him on the final strait. This was on an amateur race, so its not that its cause its getting harder.

I would have thought using a gt500 car he would have wiped the floor with a 10 or 20 year old street car
 
Would also like to know this. My dude isn't doing as good either. His little arrow on the helmet picture is pointing down now?
 
I gave my guy my Stealth McClaren F1.. he lost in the british lightweights. Kept spinning out every turn, probably burned up my set of tires by the 3rd lap... can't give them too much power in an FR/MR or they suck at it. My driver seems to do really well with AWD cars.
 
my guys arrow is going down too. how do you correct this
 
i find giving the driver a slightly better car then the rest of the field yeilds the best results.
 
I think the arrow pointing down means that he is winning races too easily.
In the early stages my arrow would go up and down until i figured this out.
 
My dude does really good in AWD cars too. MR though, NO!

And his name is M.Myers
 
I gave my guy my Stealth McClaren F1.. he lost in the british lightweights. Kept spinning out every turn, probably burned up my set of tires by the 3rd lap... can't give them too much power in an FR/MR or they suck at it. My driver seems to do really well with AWD cars.

If you still haven't finished this race with the Mclaren do this,set the brakes to 4 to front and 2 to rear.Next set the front downforce to minimum and the rear to maximum.Your B-Spec driver should have no problems in the car now. 👍
 
I gave my guy my Stealth McClaren F1.. he lost in the british lightweights. Kept spinning out every turn, probably burned up my set of tires by the 3rd lap... can't give them too much power in an FR/MR or they suck at it. My driver seems to do really well with AWD cars.

maybe you shouldn't give him a 650hp car with comfort soft tires. When you raced it you probaly had race tires on. My level 12 driver did it with a 240hp lotus, and by a large margin.
 
I think the arrow pointing down means that he is winning races too easily.
In the early stages my arrow would go up and down until i figured this out.

No it means he is on a downward slope in his career.

My Driver had a few wins and then started getting his ass kicked again, he has a down arrow now.
 
i read online that the downward arrow means they are tired and you should use a different driver for a while. if you give him a break and use a different guy, it should go back up. I dont know the rules on posting links so just google b-spec down arrow
 
No it means he is on a downward slope in his career.

My Driver had a few wins and then started getting his ass kicked again, he has a down arrow now.

Actually that is not how my arrow started going in a downward slope again.I had a upward slope arrow,but i just completed the Tuner car championship(Expert) with my toyota Minolta and now it's on a downward slope again.

So it always doesn't mean that your driver is losing races.
 
To save people time I will post a sum of what i read

I read the downward arrow means that he wont perform as well as his potential. It means he is tired and needs a break. The sideways arrow means he is new, or will perform to his potential and is an OK time to use him. The upwards arrow means he will race above his potential and this is the time to use him on the tough races


ADDED
I did 3 races with my other guy and my main guy went back to sideways arrow from down
 
Last edited:
i read online that the downward arrow means they are tired and you should use a different driver for a while. if you give him a break and use a different guy, it should go back up. I dont know the rules on posting links so just google b-spec down arrow

Well that makes sense.

So this is why you can have so many B-Spec Drivers.
 
I have 2 drivers.. but i need to get to level 14 to be able to continue with my b-spec career.. And theres no more races to win :-(

Any ideas?
 
I have 2 drivers.. but i need to get to level 14 to be able to continue with my b-spec career.. And theres no more races to win :-(

Any ideas?

You can still get experience from re doing the same races.

So just do this until you get to level 14. 👍
 
Actually that is not how my arrow started going in a downward slope again.I had a upward slope arrow,but i just completed the Tuner car championship(Expert) with my toyota Minolta and now it's on a downward slope again.

So it always doesn't mean that your driver is losing races.

It doesnt mean what you think it does. It means he is tired, use another driver or go race a-spec.

Also I dont get why people think they burn up tires in a race in so many laps. You dont, look at your tire's in the corner when they go back to blue that mean they are ok. If you have never played a gran turismo game you may not realize this. They do not show any wear at all until from what I heard level 40. They for sure arent by level 24 which is where I am
 
It doesnt mean what you think it does. It means he is tired, use another driver or go race a-spec.

Also I dont get why people think they burn up tires in a race in so many laps. You dont, look at your tire's in the corner when they go back to blue that mean they are ok. If you have never played a gran turismo game you may not realize this. They do not show any wear at all until from what I heard level 40. They for sure arent by level 24 which is where I am

Im at level 24 and in endurence races the tyre wear is definitly on.. Its "on" sort of speak in all races, but its not enough laps to wear them out.. With Racing hard you can go for almost 30 laps.. but i went for pit stop every 20:th lap because the tires are tough to control after lap 20 :-)
 
You can still get experience from re doing the same races.

So just do this until you get to level 14. 👍

Ok, thanx!
 
I have 2 drivers.. but i need to get to level 14 to be able to continue with my b-spec career.. And theres no more races to win :-(

Any ideas?

Doesn't make sense. I have 2 drivers and I alternate them. I just reached level 17 after finishing up the last level 16 race. The races and levels are set up so that when you finish the level 16 races, your bspec level, overall not single driver, will be the next required level for the following race.
 
They make a little blue pill for all you guys out there with "down arrow" problems...
 
I'm pretty sure that the tires can't wear out they just get hot, start smoking and look cool.
 
Back