Is it possible to never buy car and compete game?

• Thread starter cam123
  • 15 comments
In GT3 there were many different cars that you could win and use in many races. I liked the challenge or frugilness (is that a word?) to try and save your money and never have to buy a car. I am at about 10%, but I think my hitch is going to
be the trucks in beginner. I don't like to just go and buy the fastest rig and win,
I enjoy using what I have or earning it, not pulling some glitch in the game and use cheat money to buy whatever. Any suggestions for the truck would help?
The only truck that I see that you can win is the one from the Truck cup.

Sorry. With manufacturer races in this, and the only races granting you the manufacturers car being those, you're going to have to buy. A LOT. :yuck:

I was disappointed as well.

cam123
In GT3 there were many different cars that you could win and use in many races. I liked the challenge or frugilness (is that a word?) to try and save your money and never have to buy a car. I am at about 10%, but I think my hitch is going to
be the trucks in beginner. I don't like to just go and buy the fastest rig and win,
I enjoy using what I have or earning it, not pulling some glitch in the game and use cheat money to buy whatever. Any suggestions for the truck would help?
The only truck that I see that you can win is the one from the Truck cup.

I'm only about 18% or so into the game with many reruns with varying cars for fun, but I noticed the same thing. I haven't looked at the "prize carlist" other than licensing, and series I've won (don't want to spoil the surprise), but so far the bulk of the prize cars I have won are oddities that are mostly "trophy cars", no drivetrain listed, or cars that are overkill in the earlier races. This is one of the only design elements I am disappointed in. I prefer something a touch linear. Not too linear, I like the freedom the game has but winning cars in the early races to be used in later races would be a plus. Another thing different from GT3 I wished had remained were varying prize cars for a particular series. The fact you can clear a series and win non-championship series and the prize car multiple times is good. But like in GT3 Championships, running the championship multiple times in order to win all of the availble cars added more replayabilty, not that GT4 isn't riddled with it. The fact in order to purse sufficent credits for multiple purchases, without some of these "get credits quick threads", whatever; is enough replaybility in its self.

You definitely need to buy a truck for the Sport Truck races, among others. I do like the "run what ya brung" method, though, so I don't plan to buy more cars than I need to.

Hrm I wonder if it could be done. With all the factory races I don't know if you could aquire the cars necessary but you can certianly play through the rest of the game without having to buy. Half the cars I've won so far aren't really useable cars. I've just been getting rid of them even if I don't get money.

I mean what the hell am I supposed to do with a model T. Its nice to see but unless there is a model t racing or something then it doesn't really do me any good. It would have been nice to at least get some sweet cars in the licenses. Only car I have used from getting all golds was the 270 and thats a bronze prize.

Thanks for the input, I was just curious if anyone else took the challenge and how far they got. Unless I figure something out for the trucks, maybe I'll break down and buy a used one, if there is one. I'm just surprised this seemed to never be considered.

cam123
Thanks for the input, I was just curious if anyone else took the challenge and how far they got. Unless I figure something out for the trucks, maybe I'll break down and buy a used one, if there is one. I'm just surprised this seemed to never be considered.

I wish it was a close as GT3 was in this respect. I only bought 3 cars to finish GT3. I think of that 3, 2 were required and you couldn't win a car to go with.

If I remember correctly one of them was the Tuscan Speed 6.

In GT4 I know that I have had to buy 3 cars already, and I am just above 25%.

Why would you play a game with 700+ cars and then spend the whole time driving only a handful of them? Variety, my friends, is the spice of life.

M

Yeah messing around with different cars is definately one of my favorite parts of the game. I love the SRT-10 :dopey:.

:lol: I just read your sig ///M .. nice 👍.

Yea I originally tried to complete at least the non-manufacturer events without buying a car. With the NA version at least, and I'm pretty sure with every version, its impossible. They give you way too many "concept" cars that cannot be entered in production car races.

Like the Suabru 360 race, you can only enter a Subaru 360. You have to buy the car to race in it, so once you do, and win the events, guess what, you win a Subaru 360. Yes it is a different color then you can purchase, but whats the point of now owning two of the slowest car in the game. 16hp, 3 gears, 49MPH. Now I got two of these... atleast give me a decent "Suabru WRX STi 'enter model here'" for the agrevation of going so slow around the track.

well im trying to get as far as i can. I only allow myself to buy one car with the first 10000$. from then im not buying any more cars. I have been very busy so i havn't been able to play much. I'm at about 8% right now, I'll keep you updated on how far i make it.

Back