Is it possible to terminate PSN accounts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 13 comments
  • 2,291 views
Messages
7,424
United States
I Hate Stalkers
Messages
gogatrs
Is it possible to terminate PSN accounts?
I was considering doing the birthday glitch, but I don't really want to do this if I can't terminate the account once I'm done.
Don't bash me for it, I've never done any of the money glitches, auto grinded, etc. etc.
I just saw the Audi R8 LMS Race Car Team Playstation, but I was a couple million short. Man that car looks beast. :) A couple people suggested the birthday ticket, and as I don't have any trades open...
 
Why do you need to 'terminate' the account as opposed to just delete it via the PS3?
 
Well, then you have all those random PSN accouts floating around the networks taking up possible usernames for other people, etc. etc.
Then again, I do see your point. But why just delete if its possible to terminate it?
 
I don't think unused usernames are a big deal for the PSN, besides, I'm sure after a period of non-use, they'll be deleted anyway.
 
Deleting accounts from the PS3 doesn't actually terminate the account as the data still sits on Sony's servers.

There is a limit to the amount of accounts you can create as I am unable to create any more. To get the old data removed, I need to contact Sony, but I can't be arsed as I have no need for any more accounts.
 
Out of curiousity, what was the limit?
 
You could just create a psn of random letters like ahircndcjrgbh and maybe include numbers.No one will Ever choose that as a name so do it
 
G36E
You could just create a psn of random letters like ahircndcjrgbh and maybe include numbers.No one will Ever choose that as a name so do it

But that's my middle name! :)
 
Out of curiousity, what was the limit?

I'm not entirely sure as my PS3 wasn't bought new, by me. I've had a few accounts as my PS3 needed to be formatted a few times and I'd forgotten the login & password details. I have four current accounts on my PS3 now.

Having just Googled, it appears to be 64 accounts maximum.
 
I thought 6 was the maximum accounts you could have registered per PS3. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
 
I thought 6 was the maximum accounts you could have registered per PS3. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Definitely more than 6. A few people here have alternative names in the teen's and ten's.
 
I thought 6 was the maximum accounts you could have registered per PS3. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

16 accounts per PS3. So says a friends who had 16 accounts on his. :)
 
16 accounts per PS3. So says a friends who had 16 accounts on his. :)

Sixteen active accounts at any one time, but it's 64 accounts, total; active or otherwise.

How do you think people were getting all the birthday glitched cars?
 
Well, was his bought new?
 
Back