Is it possible

  • Thread starter Thread starter Racin510s
  • 11 comments
  • 1,235 views
Messages
1,794
United States
Mocksville, NC
Messages
Please ask
As the title starts is it possible to install the entire GT6 game from disc to the PS3 hard drive? I ask because I can hear the laser moving much more with GT6 than I ever heard from GT5. My PS3 is almost 4 years old and I don't want the motor that moves the laser to die. I already have replaced the hard drive so I a faster hard drive and have plenty of room to spare.
 
Last edited:
As other people have suggested in previous threads, adjust the Demo settings so that you get the quickest turnaround of Demos playing. This gets data from the Disc copied to the HDD, because, while there is no install option the game still copies data as it is used/loaded from the disc. Supposedly why loading times get progressively shorter the more you play.
 
Or get the PSN download.
 
I had to replace my BR drive back in GT5. Cost $45 for the motor and laser and it took me less then an hour to do it. And I had no experience opening a PS3. If you do go with that option make sure you get the number off the motor assembly before ordering(there are like 5 different lasers.)
Or get the PSN download.
Dont you have to pay for it again if you buy it on PSN?
 
I had to replace my BR drive back in GT5. Cost $45 for the motor and laser and it took me less then an hour to do it. And I had no experience opening a PS3. If you do go with that option make sure you get the number off the motor assembly before ordering(there are like 5 different lasers.)
Dont you have to pay for it again if you buy it on PSN?

ryzno thank you for that valuable info. Yes you do have to buy it again and it is only the standard game. I should have mentioned that I have the Gamestop Anniversary Upgrade as well. So if I bought the d/l copy I would loose all my cars and 200+ game days of play. I guess daan has plenty of money to spare and time to start the game over to suggest such a thing.
 
^ I believe your save game is separate from the game data and the anniversary codes are applied to that so you can use your disc, a psn dd or little-timmy-from-down-the-street's disc and none of that changes AFAIK
 
I was worried about the same thing. It's definitely pushing my old machine more than GT5 did, GT6 is making it very noisy. I think GT6 must be pushing the limits of the PS3 but I fail to see where it has improved, it runs very jerky anad not smooth at all, maybe that's the PS3 being overused.

I wish I had read a bit more about GT6 before buying the disk version because I would definitely have bought the PSN download.
 
I wish I had read a bit more about GT6 before buying the disk version because I would definitely have bought the PSN download.

You should in my personal opinion only buy a download version if there is no physical media version.... I love collecting my games and in 10 - 15 years I could dust it off and play it again , but when playstation shuts the door on ps3 service your ****ed ...

But I still have my orignal consoles from when I was a kid, I still have my dinner money too
:)

Due to the late life of the ps3 physical media should always be number one option
 
You should in my personal opinion only buy a download version if there is no physical media version.... I love collecting my games and in 10 - 15 years I could dust it off and play it again , but when playstation shuts the door on ps3 service your ****ed ...

But I still have my orignal consoles from when I was a kid, I still have my dinner money too
:)

Due to the late life of the ps3 physical media should always be number one option

I'm not very sentimental, especially when it comes to GT5 and 6, they won't exactly go down as classics. What I think is more important is the longevity of my pS3, and buying a digital copy would have probably helped that :(
 
Great time to buy a 2nd ps3 a lot of people are off loading them in cash converters etc , or gum tree bought my son one recently 50 quid funny enough it cam with the pan version of last of us and previous owners profile still on it so I could download everything he bought ...but it's one of my old school mates so totally trust me not to spend on his card..alough I deleted his card details but he don't know that ...

But yeah I am a sentimental old fool .
 
Great time to buy a 2nd ps3 a lot of people are off loading them in cash converters etc , or gum tree bought my son one recently 50 quid funny enough it cam with the pan version of last of us and previous owners profile still on it so I could download everything he bought ...but it's one of my old school mates so totally trust me not to spend on his card..alough I deleted his card details but he don't know that ...

But yeah I am a sentimental old fool .

I agree with you. I have my original PS1 and Dex Drive, Gameshark and GT1 on disc, my PS2 with 6 memory cards and GT2,3 & 4. Now my PS3 with GT5 & 6. All still work great. I had the PS2 refurbed before I put it back in the original box. I have played GT2 & 3 recently. I can say what a big difference GT has made from 3 to 6.

To stay on topic I have done multiple searches and it is not possible to put GT6 on the PS3 hard drive. solidboss 07 gave a good suggestion about letting the demos run as that is supposed to put more data from the game on the hard drive. I am trying that now. I'll report back if it seems to make a difference with mine. He got the info from some other thread(s). Amazon USA has the BR drive just remember to get the numbers off of the motor that comes out of your PS3.
 
is it possible to shut off the auto replay of races? majorly annoying
 
Back