Is it possible

• Thread starter JDM Jeff
  • 16 comments
I don't know the game has that level of suspension travel and chassis flew to do that.
Try raising a car to max,mid to min springs and 1's on the dampers and slam it into a turn and see what you get.

You could do it on GT4, GT5 you couldn't though or atleast I could never get it to work. In GT4 I used the Subaru 360 and was able to do stoppies and lift inside front or rear depending on which end I put weight on.

It's still possible to do stoppies in a straight line in front heavy cars and to roll some cars in corners :embarrassed: so I don't see why not :)

On the Civic try stiffening the rear ARB, leaving the front bar pretty low. A fair amount of rear camber ( between about 1.5-2.5 degrees.) will give you some extra grip to the outside tyre rear tyre and should help (with the stiff roll bar) lift the inside wheel. Probably have to make a bit of a rear toe adjustment too after the camber, :) I'd agree with @OdeFinn about the soft comp, hard ext up front. But I'd think a medium/hard rear comp and soft ext might help too. If you can rotate the front well already I think this could help :) I've never watched any replays to find out, but I have a CR-Z that can't be far off doing it in Tsukuba's 2nd and 3rd hairpins on SS rubber :scared:

I'd also suggest if using ABS, that you don't go too much higher with the BB on the front tyres than is really needed. Too high and the ABS might not allow sufficient continuous pressure of the brakes as it releases and reapplies. This will interrupt the transfer of weight and keep more of it rearwards :(

Well after many hours testing and practicing I'm able to get them rear wheels to lift in the corners, and with the right setup I able to it.
The way I did was to soften the front end and stiffen the rear and the abs was turned off (leaving it on stops you from getting that inside wheel lift as mentioned above by Thorin Cain).
So thanks for all your advice, all of you, you've been very helpful.
I will be posting the setup I use along with some of the pics of the cars I tried them out on

Last edited:
You could do it on GT4, GT5 you couldn't though or atleast I could never get it to work. In GT4 I used the Subaru 360 and was able to do stoppies and lift inside front or rear depending on which end I put weight on.

I've tried it in GT5 and managed to do it but come to take a pic of the shot it shows the inside wheel planted on the road :nervous:

Now the question is, Can it be done to a front engine rear wheel drive car but lifting the front wheels in the corners ?? :mischievous:

Take a peek at various wheelie tunes. most have really soft suspensions with stiff LSD.
persnally Ive noticed a real difference between 1 and 2 antI-roll bars. How did I notice this you might ask? ive been making bicycle tunes in GT6 for two years on route X none of them work with higher than ARB 1.

try lower springs & full weight reduction with matching ride hieght; slamming your ride hieght without springs to compensate will result in loss of grip for sure.

also, my favourite tracks for easy corner hopping:
Bathurst Left-hander @ top of the mountain

Rome giving the right curb after back straight the classic Initial-D gutter treatment(managed two wheels in a FWD)

R246-the right-hander after the ground flattens at the top

Back