Is it true?? About people playing against hacked cars in online rooms.

  • Thread starter Thread starter praiano63
  • 9 comments
  • 1,287 views
Messages
9,122
Brazil
paracuru
Messages
praiano63
I'm not playing since a few weeks, a friend send me this coment by PM.

Does someone else experienced this problem too?

About people playing with hacked cars in online rooms:
"People are afraid to play them online until PD get rid of the hacked cars because several people have lost heaps of cars due to corrupt profiles after hackers raced against them ."
 
To me that makes no sense... You shouldn't be affected, if you race hacked cars.
 
I'm not playing since a few weeks, a friend send me this coment by PM.

Does someone else experienced this problem too?

About people playing with hacked cars in online rooms:
"People are afraid to play them online until PD get rid of the hacked cars because several people have lost heaps of cars due to corrupt profiles after hackers raced against them ."

I would guess that this is nonsense.
The only thing the hackers have control of is their save data.
The only people losing heaps of cars are the hackers. Through corrupting their saves.
 
I think it's bogus Praiano. And people have been messing with saves for the life of the game. The only way to lose anything with a save is not follow standard backup procedures and just assume everything is going to work out. If you're messing with saves, copy it to a PC or other device to keep an untouched copy. Keep older copies just in case. I have many saves with many dates on my PC, and an external HD and I don't do any hybriding myself, it's must a matter of common sense when it comes to computer data. Better safe than sorry.
 
I'm not playing since a few weeks, a friend send me this coment by PM.

Does someone else experienced this problem too?

About people playing with hacked cars in online rooms:
"People are afraid to play them online until PD get rid of the hacked cars because several people have lost heaps of cars due to corrupt profiles after hackers raced against them ."

I have hacked and normal cars. My friends too. We race online for many days now, nothing happent and never will.
How can a save with hacked cars destroy a save of other user? It's simple...It can't!
 
I highly doubt that other people hacking cars and using them online will result in someone else losing anything from their own game. I'm no software engineer (thank the Lord), but I can't conceive of a way that such a thing could happen.

I'm calling:
myth-busted.gif


{Cy}
 
That walrus looks more like Jamie than Jamie does! :lol:
 
[...]
I'm calling:
myth-busted.gif


{Cy}
Jamie will stare you to death!!!

OT:
Didn´t encountered hybrid cars online yet. Guess that topic is much overrated here.
 
Don't race for pinks.

This^ someone can send you a corrupted car.. I had 1 car that I borrow glitched that if I would quit the game while in that car, the game would freeze at the "Gran Turismo" screen..
 
Back