Is it true that cars were made less OP during updates?

• Thread starter burritoo
  • 14 comments
United States
United States
wolverin500wattz
Even though the only update I've played is 1.22, the cars feel... weak. Most tunes from Youtube or something no longer work and cars like the One-77 suck now. Only way I could break 300mph would be using N2O or going down the hill in SSRX.

Even though the only update I've played is 1.22, the cars feel... weak. Most tunes from Youtube or something no longer work and cars like the One-77 suck now. Only way I could break 300mph would be using N2O or going down the hill in SSRX.
When the game was released, I could get my Veyron to 366mph. Not sure which update it was (maybe 1.02), but I can't get it to 300 without nos.

Been discussed before but its maybe 99% true, 1% speculation.

Here's how I see it. There's some races I blitzed thru... gold'ed quite early with no tune and I didnt think much of it. There's no way I can do it now, even with a tune nor can B-Spec do it. They have made the car models more complex and harder.

You could definitely go a lot quicker on the early versions of GT6.

Take me for example, until the Tomahawks came along my fastest recorded speed was around 345mph in my tuned C7 Prototype, I tried it again recently and wasn't even close to it, even with drafting.

My theory is that downforce and wind resistance wasn't anywhere near as strong as it is now.

Another example, my C2 Race car was damn near undriveable not matter what you did with the suspension etc, it just felt like it was floating and not actually being pressed into the road.

Now though, it's still an animal to drive, but it feels more planted all round.

Funny thing is that I set the suspension as low as possible on the One-77 and I even put racing hard tires and still managed to spin out while doing a full throttle acceleration. That car is just not meant for any type of road. Probably the equivalent to the TVR Speed 12 from GT2 but even worse

The first time I bought GT6 my SRT Gen 5 Viper could be modded to 1300hp. It was the top 3 fastest streetcar in the game including the Veyron and One 77. Then after the very first update they reduced the Viper to 1087hp for some reason. I also noticed that I had a Veyron that could crack 300mph no problem. Not sure which update killed that. Now I have to draft or go downhill or NOS to crack it. Many other cars not as fast as they used to be. Probably the wind algorithm or something else...

The fact that cars were hitting 300mph and how easy it was for some cars to just casually go above 250mph at Route X was actually quite the joke in GT6 and shows how bad the aero was. If they are fixing that to make the cars a bit more realistic then that's good, the fact that you can still hit 300mph in road cars shows how dumb it still is.

I wish they have corrected the aero and drag coefficients in order for the non-racing cars to have realistic top speeds. I will test some of them in stock form to check this out and repost back.

I wish they have corrected the aero and drag coefficients in order for the non-racing cars to have realistic top speeds. I will test some of them in stock form to check this out and repost back.

I tested the Veyron earlier, got a top speed of 409 km/h.

My theory on this, during testing of the Tomahawk X it achieved Ludicrous Speed, went plaid, and very nearly ripped the fabric of GT space-time. Luckily the active aero was able to slow things down and bring it back from the brink, just. After that experience they had to do something. And that was to remember Route X has was not supposed to be on the Moon in the first place. Silly programmers...

Ok, it was a little out there I admit. But, that was how I figured a stock C7 could top 230mph. They goofed up and used their moon air resistance values I assumed. I figured PD gave the moon a low air resistance value, not zero though, it is a game after all. Every other track recieved the correct value possibly.

Hey, its just a theory.

Last edited:
Back once again to report my findings:

Ferrari Enzo 364 kph due to rev limiter in 6th. Almost identical to RL top speed (366 kph me thinks).

McLaren F1 360 kph with 5th since 6th is too tall to accelarate while in it. Something should be faulty in this car as its RL top speed is around or just over 385 kph. So, it should accelerate in 6th for sure. Bad grea ratio from PD possibly?

McLaren F1 360 kph with 5th since 6th is too tall to accelarate while in it. Something should be faulty in this car as its RL top speed is around or just over 385 kph. So, it should accelerate in 6th for sure. Bad grea ratio from PD possibly?
Yesterday I found the F430 goes nowhere near its supposed 315 km/h in the game, stock, but just reaches 314 km/h with the alternate six speed transmission. It hits the limiter in both cases.

It is probably the baked in downforce making the F1 slower than it should be. They should have gave it more mechanical grip instead imo.

Back