Is it worth it??..

  • Thread starter Thread starter NikoBellic
  • 12 comments
  • 1,013 views

NikoBellic

(Banned)
Messages
851
United States
Under Your Bed
Messages
Unknown
So..
Since its Friday with the weekend + another 7 days off I thought about deleting my GT5 Update Data weighing in @ a whopping 9802MB.


I want to experiment with the lower updates but was wounding if it would delete precise data such as DLC paint, Some cars from OCD??, pictures etc..

I really want to do it. I already know the pros, but don't know the cons..

PLEASE HELP! ! !
 
I know you won't be able to go online. I think dlc's are fine but I can't remember correctly.
 
I know you won't be able to go online. I think dlc's are fine but I can't remember correctly.

I'm not worried about not going online (as I rarely do anyways..)
Just wanted to know what stuff gets terminated.
 
I'm not worried about not going online (as I rarely do anyways..)
Just wanted to know what stuff gets terminated.

If you do seasonals, you won't be able to do those either.
 
DLC tracks and cars AT THE LEAST won't be there because they were added in via updates.. You WILL get them back after you reinstall the updates though! .. Also make sure your not in an academy car on your game WILL NOT load up.. If you have special cars such as the edge or stealth or chrome cars you will have to redownload them from your PSN store.. They can be used without the updates (except edge) If you happen to have gotten any via an account share you will permanently lose that unless you still have the password.. You will also lose Nurburgring Type V.. I think that's all and hope it answers all your questions!
 
I'd suggest backing up all your data on to a pen drive just to be safe.
 
DLC tracks and cars AT THE LEAST won't be there because they were added in via updates.. You WILL get them back after you reinstall the updates though! .. Also make sure your not in an academy car on your game WILL NOT load up.. If you have special cars such as the edge or stealth or chrome cars you will have to redownload them from your PSN store.. They can be used without the updates (except edge) If you happen to have gotten any via an account share you will permanently lose that unless you still have the password.. You will also lose Nurburgring Type V.. I think that's all and hope it answers all your questions!
PM sent.

I'd suggest backing up all your data on to a pen drive just to be safe.

That's a great idea :lol:
Thanks!
 
D-Max
I'd suggest backing up all your data on to a pen drive just to be safe.

You can't back up game data, only save data!
 
Fresh DLC cars and their paint chromes come along with every update/installation of a newest one so I guess they are unavailable if you go back to the previous versions of the game where you have a narrower variety of cars and other stuff.
 
If I understand, you want to delete game data so you can play at earlier version ?

I've done it a few times to be able to glitch wheels, its not too complicated but theres a few things you need to know.

You'll loose replays, photos and your times.

DLC paints stays under "No such paint chip" Some sort of Stealth Black, you can use them but the real color will be re-established once you upgrade back at 2.08.

You'll be prompt by a message after every actions in GT Life, something like "Music 0765 error". Its no biggie but its a bit annoying, its exactly like when the game constantly ask you to connect to PSN during an update.

Prior to downgrading versions, make sure you are not currently in a DLC car like a Scion FR-S, cause the game wont load if the car didn't exist at a previous version. If you try to jump in that same FR-S at version 1.07 for example, you get a black screen to reboot.

You wont be able to use cars bought at a previous version at version 2.08. You absolutely need to buy cars at version 2.08 to be able to use them at version 2.08.

If you try it, could you RM me a Vette ZR1 pre 2.00.
Apparently Race Mod didn't include the racing exhaust at earlier version. It changed at version 2.00 or 1.09. So at this point, you would need to buy a Premium Vette ZR1 and Race mod it pre 2.00 to be able to use /trade it.
 
Last edited:
You can't back up game data, only save data!
👎

Save data which includes cars and paints....
At no point did I say game data. That would be silly putting update data on your pen drive... 👎

It doesn't save images or replays. I've transfered my data from console to console and only carries over progress, cars and paint.

Anyway, the post above seems to some up all of what you want to know :)
 
If I understand, you want to delete game data so you can play at earlier version ?

I've done it a few times to be able to glitch wheels, its not too complicated but theres a few things you need to know.

You'll loose replays, photos and your times.

DLC paints stays under "No such paint chip" Some sort of Stealth Black, you can use them but the real color will be re-established once you upgrade back at 2.08.

You'll be prompt by a message after every actions in GT Life, something like "Music 0765 error". Its no biggie but its a bit annoying, its exactly like when the game constantly ask you to connect to PSN during an update.

Prior to downgrading versions, make sure you are not currently in a DLC car like a Scion FR-S, cause the game wont load if the car didn't exist at a previous version. If you try to jump in that same FR-S at version 1.07 for example, you get a black screen to reboot.

You wont be able to use cars bought at a previous version at version 2.08. You absolutely need to buy cars at version 2.08 to be able to use them at version 2.08.

If you try it, could you RM me a Vette ZR1 pre 2.00.
Apparently Race Mod didn't include the racing exhaust at earlier version. It changed at version 2.00 or 1.09. So at this point, you would need to buy a Premium Vette ZR1 and Race mod it pre 2.00 to be able to use /trade it.

I just manly wanted to do it for glitched rims lol.
And I wish I could have but I have GT5 XL and it only went to v2.02......
And when I logged in it kept refreshing the GTLIFE with error PRESENT_202_B..
So went back to v2.08 during the night..

What a waste of time XD
 
Back