Is it worth to buy PS3 back for GT6 Online while waiting for GT Sport for now?

• Thread starter tzagorski
  • 13 comments
Poland
Poland
tomaszzagorski
Hey guys!
Hope you're having a great Monday.

I have a question to everyone who's playing GT6 in online mode (if anyone is). Back in December when I bought my new PS4 Pro before Christmas I sold my old PS3. After 2,5 months playing on PS4 I'm just bored with these games on this platform. I played DriveClub (which is pretty good game, but having in mind that the game won't get even little DLC anymore makes feel bad and there are no players online to compete with), The Crew, Mafia, GTA Online, Rocket League, Project Cars, Assetto Corsa etc. I don't mean those games are bad. I had good results in Project Cars online but to me driving (only) around the tracks all days doesn't make any sense (to me) and it doesn't have a features like GT do. Such as service, photo mode, huge car list etc. I honestly bought PS4 Pro for GT Sport, but looks like we need to wait some time for it..

Every PlayStation console I had was mainly bought for GT game. I spent ton of time enjoying in online racings, cruises etc. When you didn't want to race or you hadn't enough time for that you can just leave the game in menu with nice lounge music in the background or watch realistic replays.

I'm just wondering how many people are playing this game at this moment? Many enough or servers list is totaly empty?

*Sorry for any grammar mistakes. Still learning English ;).

T

Still many online playing GT6. You may have been a bit hasty selling your PS3, but as @MrWaflz55 said it's all about how much you want to spend on another console. You can probably find a used/refurbished PS3 at a decent price.

Hey guys!

I have a question to everyone who's playing GT6 in online mode (if anyone is). Back in December when I bought my new PS4 Pro before Christmas I sold my old PS3. After 2,5 months playing on PS4 I'm just bored with these games on this platform. I played DriveClub (which is pretty good game, but having in mind that the game won't get even little DLC anymore makes feel bad and there are no players online to compete with), The Crew, Mafia, GTA Online, Rocket League, Project Cars, Assetto Corsa etc. I don't mean those games are bad. I had good results in Project Cars online but to me driving (only) around the tracks all days doesn't make any sense (to me) and it doesn't have a features like GT do. Such as service, photo mode, huge car list etc. I honestly bought PS4 Pro for GT Sport, but looks like we need to wait some time for it..

Every PlayStation console I had was mainly bought for GT game. I spent ton of time enjoying in online racings, cruises etc. When you didn't want to race or you hadn't enough time for that you can just leave the game in menu with nice lounge music in the background or watch realistic replays.

I'm just wondering how many people are playing this game at this moment? Many enough or servers list is totaly empty?

T

Short answer - No!

Personally I wouldn't bother buying a PS3 for GT6 if you already have a PS4 - I would look on GT Planet and find some clubs / Leagues which contain friendly people that you can race online. I am still racing online on both GT6 (PS3) and Project Cars (PS4), but I find it hard to get excited about racing on GT6 anymore because the graphics, sounds, cars, tracks and wheel force feedback are all so much better on the PS4. Give the PS4 another go - when you find a good group of friendly people to race against and practise with I promise you won't want to go near GT6 again and if you do it will feel very toy like and dated in comparison. GT6 may have a bigger car list, but most of those have no interior and sound terrible.

image.jpg
Meanwhile, at Polyphony Digital:

Hey guys!

T
We are running races 3x per week. Saturday at 21:00 GMT, and Wednesday at 20:00 GMT, along with 03:00 GMT (Which is Really Thursday and intended for North America).

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gtp-weekly-race-series-online-events.248/

Lots of other user created series on here as well. We normally have anywhere between 5 and 16 racers in each race, and welcome those of all abilities.

Check this out if you consider signing up.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-registration-gt6-new-members-start-here.313756/

Thank you for all your responses guys.

EDK
We are running races 3x per week. Saturday at 21:00 GMT, and Wednesday at 20:00 GMT, along with 03:00 GMT (Which is Really Thursday and intended for North America).

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gtp-weekly-race-series-online-events.248/

Lots of other user created series on here as well. We normally have anywhere between 5 and 16 racers in each race, and welcome those of all abilities.

Check this out if you consider signing up.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-registration-gt6-new-members-start-here.313756/

And wow! That's something. I'm gonna check the offers of used/new PS3s then.

Thanks @EDK and rest!

To OP:

I'd say, go for it. I usually get online after 12 a.m. and find at least 8-10+ active U.S. rooms (covering all the genre such as racing, drifting, cruising, dragging etc.). If you get on gt6 online at earlier hours, I am sure that you can probably find more open rooms. Plus, who knows if GT will ever be the same after GT Sport. But do keep in mind that people habe been saying that gt6 online might shut down 8 month (or so) after GT Sport drops.

I played gt6 for the 1st time in months yesterday after purchasing a ps4 specifically for gt sport (which then got delayed )
And while AC and Project cars are good
They simply don,t match the sheer fun of gt6 IMO

My own experience with Gran Turismo and why GT has made me a better person.

The last time I played GT was GT3, back in 2007. A few months ago I bought a PS3 for 20£ (yes... for 20 bucks) and I ran to buy Gran Turismo 6 (because Gran Turismo is the only logic reason to buy a PlayStation). I bought steering wheels and pedals and I basically hammered the game in a matter of weeks. I had so many cars that I had to classify them painting them with colours (radioactive pink and green for the bad ones, like Audis and Siroccos. Chromed gold and silver for the good ones, like Lamborghinis and Lotuses). I was never able to unlock the last license, because the Bugatti test in Ascari was hard as ****, but I didn’t care because the game became pointless, boring, meaningless. Rubbish, basically. GT6 became so irrelevant that I bought GT5 for 2£ in a vain attempt to find entertainment... and I was about to make the same mistake again.

I was even googleing in forums (in this one in particular) for better games or harder games because GT was so easy. I then came across with another game (for PC) that blew my mind because it was so freaking difficult that I was barely able to keep the car on track. And I suddenly realized that I had been an idiot. Someone wrote a thread about the way GT should be played and I tried it. Oh boy... what a new world.

Now, just the idea of sitting in front of the steering wheel makes me smile. The only assistance allowed is ABS 1, and that’s all (and Manual, of course) (although, I suggest that you play even without ABS for a few days, to understand how to break better. Someone in this forum said, is not the way you put your foot down, is the way you release it... so true bro)

My driving technique has improved so much that I have discover that the Logitech G27 I bought second hand is not broken, it was the traction control at maximum+me touching outside the tarmac+me driving like a lunatic. My G27 is smooth as silk now. Not a noise, not a problem, because I’m on track all the time.

The cars I thought were terrible turned to be the ones I most like to drive (I regret selling the racing siroccos I won, nothing I can do about that now). And the ones I once considered the best have turned to be the hardest to maintain on track.

I used to hammer the throttle in second gear, turning in the middle of a sharp bend with a 600 hp car. Now, I don’t do that even with the Cappuccino. The driving is completely and diametrically opposed.

The process of setup is a complete different world. Toe, camber and LSD are my best friends now (and I still don’t fully understand them, but I’m working on it).

There is much more to tell, of course, because GT6 is a different animal now. Every car is a challenge, and I’m discovering why good drivers stick to 5 or 6 cars instead of changing between 50 different ones. Also, now I understand why experienced players get annoyed by people coming here and crying because MR cars are broken, FF cars don’t work, etc (I’m able to drive an FXX in Ascari, without assistance, almost 10 seconds faster than with all aids on. It took me 1 hour to understand the car). I respect my Ferraris now (I’m still a bit scared of them, but we are working in our relationship).

The key is time. People want everything instantly, without effort, because they paid for the game. And that is not how it works (millennials :D:D). Obviously, if you have a life you don’t want to expend so many ours playing this, but GT requires patience, respect and love, love for what you are doing, love for cars. Small objectives make my day, like the online week challenge, or being able to “properly” setup a Escuderia. Just the fact of discovering that Ferrari has made only MR’s for decades seems awesome to me (I figured it out by myself! :dopey:)

Patience, respect and love.

I just wanted to share this, because I’m enjoying this game so much now that I really hope that others can enjoy it too. 👍
Put the car in manual, all aids off, and enjoy the real driving simulator.:gtpflag:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back