Is it worth using?

• Thread starter HarrisHawk
  • 3 comments

HarrisHawk

(Banned)
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm just wondering if it is worth trying CSP (Custom Shader Patch).

In terms of graphics will it cause any considerable amount of lag at all? If I decide to not use it which would be a good PP Filter to use instead. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You've got it a bit backward. The real question is, is AC worth playing anymore without CSP?

The answer is hard no. As good as AC is, half the community would've binned it years ago and moved on if not for CSP.

As someone who doesn't drive at night or in the rain, the only reason I use CSP is so I can drive encrypted cars/tracks. I even have most of the features disabled in CM. And even so I've hit a wall because anything newer than v0.1.60 causes my game to crash (and yes I've tried reinstalling and all that). So to me, it is more trouble than worth lately. Ilja should really focus on stability fixes with existing features rather than endlessly moving the goalposts with experimental stuff.

Will AC have been abandoned long before if CSP isn't around? Possibly. But alternatively we may have a lot more cars and tracks working perfectly by now instead of the community spending endless amounts of time fixing lights and little things with old mods each time a new update breaks the previous version...

Last edited:
+100 to "focus on stability" for these mods

I actually came back to these forums because of the troublesome nature CSP/CM. I'm not sure which thing causes the problems really. I've been having a lot of trouble getting stuff to work (at least from a newb perspective) but have always found a way through before it got to where I needed to post something. I will say that the current state of things is a strong deterrent to newcomers.

I never imagined I'd have to wade into all of this, but then my kids got very into gaming and suddenly we have a burly gaming PC. The only reason I struggled through getting AC to work reliably is because I'm going to use that PC too, damnit! And wow did I miss the great feel of driving in AC. Getting excited thinking about AC2 again. Plus now I will (hopefully) be able to partake in the beta and such being an impostor PC master race member 👍

Last edited:
Back