Is local Nissan dealer play a role in making GT Academy a reality ?

Malaysia
Malaysia
bazet_mpower
I'm from Malaysia and Nissan over here are not aggresive as Honda & Toyota. And most of people over here prefers locally build car ( Proton & Perodua ). So Nissan,Subaru, and premium sports car is reserved for very minority people than who can afford them.

Just my questions, is GT Academy affected by how many Nissans were sold in particular country ? There's no local news about GT Academy being hosted over here. Thailand will be more likely because they are like Detroit in Asia ( every manufacturer prefers to manufacture cars in Thailand )

But lets hope they give Malaysian a chance to compete :D

Thank you Gt Academy

I would say that hosting the competition in said country has to do more with Nissan in that particular region overall and not necessarily its dealers specifically. There's also of course if that country approves of it (as was demonstraited several times with Canada). I think @Famine can probably do a better job at explaining, but I wouldn't say dealers and sales numbers are what factor into it.

I'm from Malaysia and Nissan over here are not aggresive as Honda & Toyota. And most of people over here prefers locally build car ( Proton & Perodua ). So Nissan,Subaru, and premium sports car is reserved for very minority people than who can afford them.

Just my questions, is GT Academy affected by how many Nissans were sold in particular country ? There's no local news about GT Academy being hosted over here. Thailand will be more likely because they are like Detroit in Asia ( every manufacturer prefers to manufacture cars in Thailand )

But lets hope they give Malaysian a chance to compete :D

Thank you Gt Academy
No, definitely no impact.

Back