Is 'No kick' deliberate?

United States
United States
I find it strange that, after ten years or so of online racing games, where every game (iirc, at least all the main racing games) had a host kick option, both AC and PC2 move to a system where, in public rooms, there's pretty much no way for a host to supervise the players, and trolls and bashers are simply an ugly, unavoidable fact of life.

Is this deliberate? Are PC2 and AC so focused on organized, private League racing that they chose to deliberately remove the one feature that allowed public rooms to compete?

I honestly can't think of any other reason for it. Can you?

There was a vote to kick on race driver grid aswell, it's possible that they implement this to stop rage kicking.

If a host don't like being beaten then they kick the fastest player.

If a host don't like being beaten then they kick the fastest player.
Sad is it not , those who open a public online race room and than when someone is faster they kick him out of the room ...... what a losers those kind of people .
Imagine they are in real life a boss or become one brrrrrrrrrrrrrr creepy .

Talking with zero access to numbers, but it does seem hard to believe that those kind of jerkbag hosts are a more pervasive problem than random idiots who join and then intentionally ruin everyone else's race... or who refuse to admit they are out of their depth and should back off to try to learn how to race without contact. Host-kicking is much more effective at dealing with the other types of morons, as getting enough people to vote can be quite problematic at times. I suppose you also have hosts that kick out anybody who joins because they are waiting for their friends, but that also seems like a much smaller problem.

Dont know, but i think getting removed from a session just before you would finish first from a 15 lap race is a lot harder to take!
Just attend higher rated lobbies, avoid anything beneath D class and u will be fine.. i dont see a lot of screw ups anymore these days. other option is league racing.

Sad is it not , those who open a public online race room and than when someone is faster they kick him out of the room ...... what a losers those kind of people .
Imagine they are in real life a boss or become one brrrrrrrrrrrrrr creepy .
Yes it is & they are, but it does happen & it's happened to me in the past.

I get rammed, dived and hammered off track in probably a good 75% of open public rooms.

I've never been kicked by a host.

I would be prepared to bet those numbers are the general experience. All SMS had to do was remove the points penalty (and points gain for the host) for kicking a player, and the situation was resolved. But instead, SMS chose to cripple the game for casual players. Who are, IMHO, 80% of the player base (overall, not this game).

It's like watching a samurai commit seppuku.

I get rammed, dived and hammered off track in probably a good 75% of open public rooms.

I've never been kicked by a host.

I would be prepared to bet those numbers are the general experience. All SMS had to do was remove the points penalty (and points gain for the host) for kicking a player, and the situation was resolved. But instead, SMS chose to cripple the game for casual players. Who are, IMHO, 80% of the player base (overall, not this game).

It's like watching a samurai commit seppuku.

I've never been kicked by a host either, your original point is valid, the host basically supervises the lobby and therefore should be able to remove anyone they want to. In my experience most hosts just want to fill their lobby with decent players and enjoy good racing, they are not there to antagonise the players who join. You can't legislate for everybody ever, but that is the generally the way it works.

To argue against the host being able to kick, based on the idea they might not like you because you're faster, seems a rather lame disagreeing for the sake of it type of argument I'm afraid. The host should have full control of the lobby and who is in it.

I've never been kicked by a host either, your original point is valid, the host basically supervises the lobby and therefore should be able to remove anyone they want to. In my experience most hosts just want to fill their lobby with decent players and enjoy good racing, they are not there to antagonise the players who join. You can't legislate for everybody ever, but that is the generally the way it works.

To argue against the host being able to kick, based on the idea they might not like you because you're faster, seems a rather lame disagreeing for the sake of it type of argument I'm afraid. The host should have full control of the lobby and who is in it.
I completely agree with you, the host should be in full control of his/her lobby.
I'm not personally disagreeing with anything for an argument, I just suggested that's what SMS might see it like (I don't know).

I agree hosts should be in control of their own lobby. But since I believe it's available on PC perhaps things are restricted by some sort of Sony policy. These days everything has to be "correct". Maybe host kicking is against a fairness policy, everyone must have a vote sort of thing. And also maybe room names and indeed text chat could not be monitored, so might be inappropriate for younger players, and have been removed as well. Just saying it might not all be down to SMS and Kunos, they might have their hands tied. And then again maybe it is but saying they deliberately removed it isn't necessarily true.

I know GT has text and named rooms but there's some quite strict (and odd) censorship going on. SMS wouldn't have access to this.
Can you kick in GT? Used to be able to.

Got absolutely nothing to do with Sony. GTS open lobby hosts can still kick. And I believe that the PC side has also lost host kick except for private server side (correct me if wrong).

The difference is, PD don't pretend they live in a world where all racing is private leagues with clean skilled dedicated drivers. SMS live in a fantasy world of their own imagination, where one host kicking someone for no reason is more important than thousands of trolls determined to ruin every room they are in.

Someone needs to chain Ian Bell to a Playstation and make him play public rooms for a month. It is frighteningly obvious he never has...

It's just a design thing isn't it, they can't think of everything and some things that seem obvious to us aren't obvious to them, but I suppose you put a game out and see what the feedback is like and you make changes as and where you can, but what must be taken seriously is how enjoyable the online experience actually is in these games because it's such a big feature now. My problem with online gaming is that we've all been sold the idea for years now that online multiplayer is the utopia of gaming, and it really hasn't worked out that way. At it's best, it can be the best gaming experience you'll ever have, and at it's worst, you will think twice about returning. The sad reality of online gaming is that while it gave us the chance to hang with friends and good people in an enjoyable environment, it also allowed millions of jerks to ruin the experience.

So a simple host kick option to attempt to retain some enjoyment, seems to me to be essential if longevity of the title is required.

And I believe that the PC side has also lost host kick except for private server side (correct me if wrong).

Correct.

Hosts can still kick on dedicated servers though, which is primarily what our 20 regulars run.

But, in recent weeks I've ran numerous public GT3 lobbies and it's been quite good. Fast drivers running good lines, exhibiting track courtesy with some actually moving aside on blue flags.

Are console lobbies really that bad?

I can only suggest find a friend locally with a PS4 and play it at his house!

Yes, due to the very low participation on console, and no way to label rooms and kick trolls, public consoles rooms are a horror show! With the occasional exception.

Back