Is PD hiding more racing series licenses than we know?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sam48
  • 4 comments
  • 1,059 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
3,321
United States
United States
Messages
GTP_Sam48
Back in June at E3, we where all taken by surprise as PD revealed its NASCAR and WRC licenses. Then in late December, PD verified its SuperGT license in a new GT5 trailer. And in early January, we got word via Playstation Magazine, that PD also has an official IRL license. We still have, what I believe, could be another 5 to 6 months before we get GT5, and I think PD still has another racing series or two coming. Although F1 is with Codemasters (though I'm not sure when that contract expires), and ALMS and V8 supercar series is with Forza, we still have Rolex Grand-am, LMS, and some Touring Car series.

PD- NASCAR, WRC, SuperGT, IRL

Turn 10- ALMS, V8 Supercars

Codemasters- F1

Correct me if any of this is wring, or I missed a series.
 
DTM or is that Touring Car series the same thing?

Hmm I bet since GT5 might be delay agian, they might pull something out like the PCC cup :)
 
I don't think Turn10 have exclusive rights to any event. They were both unofficial, like DTM etc. in GT4.

PD only have the exclusive rights for NASCAR i believe.

There is a possibility we could see more, but don't get your hopes up. Licenses are difficult to obtain, agreeing a deal can take many months, maybe even years. It doesn't matter if they don't have an exclusive deal with another developer, they still have to agree a deal with PD.
 
Would love to see V8 Supercars in GT5, plus some of there tracks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back