Is Power/Weight ratio broken?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tank-Ceo
  • 8 comments
  • 705 views
Messages
142
United States
Florida
Messages
Tank-Z32TT
Under tuning > current performance tab, it shows the ratio. My 300zx is 280 hp / 1510kg with no mods. Just a oil change. When I use my calculator which is new by the way, I use weight/hp to get the ratio. Well, my calculator + PC calculator comes up with 5.37 so the game is nearly a 10th off. Am I using the wrong formula or what?

If the game wasn't considering the oil change bonus, the weight would be higher since lower wieght = better.
 
Under tuning > current performance tab, it shows the ratio. My 300zx is 280 hp / 1510kg with no mods. Just a oil change. When I use my calculator which is new by the way, I use weight/hp to get the ratio. Well, my calculator + PC calculator comes up with 5.37 so the game is nearly a 10th off. Am I using the wrong formula or what?

If the game wasn't considering the oil change bonus, the weight would be higher since lower wieght = better.

Does the game go to the same amount of significant digits?
 
I wonder if it is considering torque i think, because I got the average of power to weight ratio for toque, and then added the ratio from hp, and then got the average of the 2 as 5.28 kg/hp.. still a point off.
 
Does the game go to the same amount of significant digits?

I use the same digits. 1510kg divided by 281. I get 5.37 but I think it is considering torque, then dividing the 2 ratios to get a average of 5.29 but I got 5.28 so it still was a point off.
 
I use the same digits. 1510kg divided by 281. I get 5.37 but I think it is considering torque, then dividing the 2 ratios to get a average of 5.29 but I got 5.28 so it still was a point off.

Interesting. That might be the case.
 
It is because I was asking if torque should be a considered factor when buying a car to find its true power to weight ratio and people said no. Are they wrong? I was trying to find out if torque should be averaged out with hp as well, and they were like no no it should (unless it the same as hp.) I mean, this is circuit racing, not nascar so you need torque to help with acceleration.
 
It is because I was asking if torque should be a considered factor when buying a car to find its true power to weight ratio and people said no. Are they wrong? I was trying to find out if torque should be averaged out with hp as well, and they were like no no it should (unless it the same as hp.) I mean, this is circuit racing, not nascar so you need torque to help with acceleration.

If two cars have identical power and weight, take the one with more torque.
Power seems to be more important, but when 2 cars have identical Power and Weight, the extra torque will make the difference.
 
Well yes, i know that =P
 
Back