Is Sony doing another F1 game this year?

• Thread starter vat_man
  • 11 comments

vat_man

Staff Emeritus
Does anyone know if Sony is doing an F12002 this year? I really don't like the EA series, and flawed though it was, Sony's F12001 showed some promise (plus I want the DVD highlights for last season).

F12002 is already out m8! :D

dunno if it's gone down under yet though. but i would be suprised if it hasn't. and just incase your wondering (and even if your not :P ) FIA GT Mod V3 is coming to F12002! and all future versions as well. As soon as F12k2 gets cheaper, i'm gonna pick it up myself. but for now, i'm having too much fun with FIA GT and the 2k1 Lemans mod! (just came out a few days ago) and racing at lemans at night is sooooooooo :cool:

Originally posted by Angel O'Death
F12002 is already out m8! :D

dunno if it's gone down under yet though. but i would be suprised if it hasn't. and just incase your wondering (and even if your not :P ) FIA GT Mod V3 is coming to F12002! and all future versions as well. As soon as F12k2 gets cheaper, i'm gonna pick it up myself. but for now, i'm having too much fun with FIA GT and the 2k1 Lemans mod! (just came out a few days ago) and racing at lemans at night is sooooooooo :cool:
Ok - probably didn't make that clear - I was not referring to the EA series.

You know, I haven't played any of them yet. I need to rent the two competitors and see what they're like. Don't they have a full racing field on actual tracks? I can't imagine 20+ cars ... that's got to be a blast!

~LoudMusic

Yeah - it's the full field.

The problem with the Sony one is that once you get on to the last two difficulty levels, the traction control and ABS come off, and the cars are EXTREMELY hard to control - especially with the Fanatec wheel they were pushing at the time that only had digital pedals (800+hp in 560kg car in second gear around corner = spin).

I was hoping that they'd bring this year's version out with Logitech compatability, which would probably address that problem. I had no issue with the difficulty of the racing - the competitors are VERY physical and it's pretty easy to get involved in a crash.

The car graphics are a bit scratchy, but when you're controlling 20+ cars instead of 6, I suppose you've got to expect that.

Originally posted by vat_man

Ok - probably didn't make that clear - I was not referring to the EA series.

ooops. my bad, shoulda payed more attention to the topic :D

i had no idea did an F1 game, so everytime i saw the word sony mymind read EA...lol. Is it any good?

Yes Formula One 2002 is under way. Dated (UK): November 15th

1-It will have Online play.
2-Logitech support (I guess, cause 2001 US version had it!)

The Formula one 2001 game by 989 was horrible IMO. The EA game was even worse, but for far different reasons. I really hope that someone else get's into the F1 gaming Biz, because I've had it with these 2 franchises. Maybe if GP4 is released (It's pretty good on the PC, but I'd preffer it on a large screen with a little split screen action)

Originally posted by WRC
Yes Formula One 2002 is under way. Dated (UK): November 15th

1-It will have Online play.
2-Logitech support (I guess, cause 2001 US version had it!)

Good - so the US version did have Logitech support? We're not talking about the EA game here, right?

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell
The Formula one 2001 game by 989 was horrible IMO. The EA game was even worse, but for far different reasons. I really hope that someone else get's into the F1 gaming Biz, because I've had it with these 2 franchises. Maybe if GP4 is released (It's pretty good on the PC, but I'd preffer it on a large screen with a little split screen action)

I think GP4's meant to be coming out on X-Box, isn't it?

I thought the Sony one was okay (green cover, right) up until the assists came off, and then it was impossible.

Originally posted by vat_man

Good - so the US version did have Logitech support? We're not talking about the EA game here, right?

No way, it was 989 sports version. There was an event in Indianapolis 2001 F1GP with a motor home and all, and a boy almost won (the real) Button in game. :eek:

Back