Is the BMW 2002 turbo rare?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Diamond1586
  • 11 comments
  • 2,720 views
It's a prize car, so not particularly
 
It is in real life I know that.
I've come across it a few times and had bought it once. I no longer have it.
So as far as in the game goes, I'd say it's kinda rare. There's more rare cars and less rare cars.
 
Not so much in real life either honestly. I am friends with a couple guys that race them in fact. They're ridiculously fast. I'm lucky to keep pace with em
 
Not so much in real life either honestly. I am friends with a couple guys that race them in fact. They're ridiculously fast. I'm lucky to keep pace with em

Actually, in real life only 1500 BMW 2002 Turbo's were ever built. When you consider that probably only 20% (400) of those came to the United States and another 30% of those have been wrecked or trashed, that means there are only about 300 left in the country.
 
I saw a 2002 in real life the other day. It wasn't a turbo version though. They're rare.
 
Mine was my birthday ticket car
 
I've got 2 and I don't remember buying either of them.
 
No car in this game is necessarily rare, it really all depends on what someone is looking for to be honest but considering it is a prize car not so much.
 
No car in this game is necessarily rare, it really all depends on what someone is looking for to be honest but considering it is a prize car not so much.

It seems the rarest car in the game is the one you are currently looking for.

The BMW 2002 Turbo is the prize car for the A-Spec - Extreme - DTM Series.
 
In game, not so rare. As mentioned, everyone should win atleast one, and they do appear in the UCD somewhat frequently. At least for me, anyhow.


In real life, as also mentioned, it may be more rare. It is the first production turbocharged Beemer afterall, and as such likely a big thing when it appeared in dealerships. When you factor in the number of the Turbo 2002's which subsequently mated with an Oak tree, general use & abuse, neglect, and just age... not many are probably around in good nick. Also factoring in are engine swaps and power-adders, which likely often find themselves in a standard 2002, it can become even more rare.
 
Back