Is the GT team big enough?

Especially considering it takes ONE person several MONTHS to model one car.... How are we sure we are getting everything we need to play completely.... Then, there is the concern for 4K screens and content..... How many people will need to be added for THAT!?

I think Kazunori's "Vision" for the Gran Turismo series is a lot bigger than Polyphony Digital is at the moment. Out sourcing car modelling for instance would free up more staff to work on the more important things.

VBR
I think Kazunori's "Vision" for the Gran Turismo series is a lot bigger than Polyphony Digital is at the moment. Out sourcing car modelling for instance would free up more staff to work on the more important things.

I couldn't agree more. I just learned the other day that the team that made Kinect Sports Rivals is bigger than PD...How is that even possible? I'm also worried about how they are going to be able to get anything done having to make a game for the PS4 because as console power goes up so do the demands for making a game.

I've wondered what a typical day at PD is like. How do they set their priorities and how many projects do they work on simultaneously?

Last edited:
This was answered not long ago

"I like it like that - it's the same people that made GT1 long time ago - it what makes GT special"

Not exact quote but 100% the same meaning wise.

This is a good question among all the request that are made to be implemented into the game this is an important factor to think about perhaps even understanding PD's true potential.

The quality of GT5 and GT6 says no, the staff is not big enough. Or at least the current parts are not optimal for the job (then at least some of the parts): Sound department, A.I. guys, etc.

What would you expect his answer to this to be? How about using "likes" to answer questions that are problems with the current game. Like camber perhaps...

What would you expect his answer to this to be? How about using "likes" to answer questions that are problems with the current game. Like camber perhaps...

Because we already have enough question about GT6. I want to know if PD will ever have enough people to make the game they want to make.

@ironman44321: yeah, well P.D blame the sophisticated cell-processor from the PS3 at the first place for delaying their 5th GT game.

Wouldn't be the case for the super-charged PC-like architecture inspired PS4 this time. ;)

@ironman44321: yeah, well P.D blame the sophisticated cell-processor from the PS3 at the first place for delaying their 5th GT game.

Wouldn't be the case for the super-charged PC-like architecture inspired PS4 this time. ;)

True, but as the consoles grow so do the games. How much longer do you think it took to make a GT5 or GT6 level premium model than it did a PS2 GT3 or GT4 model?

Great question. This may also explain why some of the features we were looking forward to, and past features in GT5, were not put into or carried over to this game. Not enough people are working on the project. I think it would be safe to say they would fair much better if they had a much larger working force.

Well atleast we now know that PD wants to grow their sound department. Even car modelers as well. As far as working with people abroad it could seem viable.

Just off topic, how many staff are in GT's rival companies? Like Turn 10, SMS And Evolution Studios?

Back