Is The GT5 Matrix worthy of an app? - Your opinion please

  • Thread starter Thread starter garbuckle
  • 15 comments
  • 2,830 views

What is a mobile app version of The GT5 Matrix worth to you?

  • I don't use it, so have no interest

    Votes: 10 21.7%
  • I like it for casual use - an app would be handy, but not necessary. I'd use it, if it were free

    Votes: 20 43.5%
  • This is a good idea! I would even pay a buck or two for the convenience

    Votes: 11 23.9%
  • I've been waiting for this! I'd gladly pay a few bucks for a good feature-rich app

    Votes: 5 10.9%

  • Total voters
    46
Messages
771
Messages
garbuckle3000
I've been having some discussion on whether or not an iPhone app for my GT5 Matrix would be a good idea.

So the question is this: If there was an app for that... how interested would you be? This would be a mobile version of my Matrix, with the possibility of even more added functions, such as track maps, car photos, tuning guide, etc. Things that I can't currently put in my Matrix.

So, what's it worth to you?
 
Everyone would appreciate the hardwork and the co-operation of the great community,an app built by car enthusiants for car enthusiants,excellent app!!!!!
 
yes, an Android version would be sweet, also if you could edit in the app, mark what cars you have, trophies acchieved.
 
I have bought 2 apps so far, and they have not had anywhere near the level of detail your matrix has. As long as it's 59p, I'll buy it!
 
I sold my iPod a few weeks ago, but if I ever get one again, I'd buy it.
 
Yes I would be interested. But also make an android app. There are a lot of skilled developers on this forum who have already made android apps. So please please consider android.
 
I could really use a good GT5 app.
If you were to create it, I'd suggest building it a little bit at a time.
Such as start out with only a car list where you can check off which ones you have.
And then release an update to include trophies.
Etc. Etc.
That would be a great idea and I may even pay a dollar or two for it.
 
i'd pay a $1US for it. maybe a couple if the other stuff is compelling enough.
 
Thanks for the responses so far, everyone. It appears that many GTP members and/or GT5 players are Android users :)

That will have to be taken into serious consideration...
 
Yes, writing this from the app gtplanet made on my android phone.
 
Thanks for the responses so far, everyone. It appears that many GTP members and/or GT5 players are Android users :)

That will have to be taken into serious consideration...

I understand that Android is pretty simple to write for and has the added benefit of being easily submitted to the marketplace. As opposed to Apple's deathgrip over developers anyway.
 
I think the plan would be to write for iPhone first, and then port to Android/Blackberry afterwards. Apple's "deathgrip" would actually help to ensure that the app is bug-free to begin with, I think.
 
I think the plan would be to write for iPhone first, and then port to Android/Blackberry afterwards. Apple's "deathgrip" would actually help to ensure that the app is bug-free to begin with, I think.

i don't know much about the iphone programming but it can't be ported. That is apples idea that if it is developed for the iphone you are going to have to start from scratch to make a version for other Operating Systems/Mobile OS. The reason many apps that are on both platforms look so alike just show you how skilled those developers.
 
Perhaps it couldn't be ported directly, but 'ported' in a sense that... based on the success of the initial iPhone app, it would also be developed for other platforms.
 
Back