Is the leveling system a joke?

• Thread starter JSHuiting
  • 14 comments
Netherlands
Netherland
And how many decades does it take to get to level 50 anyway?
Since they stopped the online events i'm stuck at level 34 on both A and B spec, and even endurance races won't dent the progress anymore.

Is there even a way to get to level 50 anymore?

Joke answer: Go back in time to when the servers were still on

Real answer: Be patient, otherwise no? I don't remember how to level up in that game but it might just be a straight grind at this point.

That sucks, was hoping that i was missing out on something, like a trick or a special event or something.
Seems ridiculous to make the grind so tedious and slow.

That sucks, was hoping that i was missing out on something, like a trick or a special event or something.
Seems ridiculous to make the grind so tedious and slow.
GT6 is a grind too if you want them nice cars, but hey I don't mind grinding but if you want that car, well you have to do the grind and that means win races.

GT6 is a grind too if you want them nice cars, but hey I don't mind grinding but if you want that car, well you have to do the grind and that means win races.

I would disagree, the Internation A and Super races in GT6 have some generous payouts and is in no way comparable to the XP grind GT5 has.
Level 39 to 40 is 5.900.000 xp, which means you would have to do the 'Like the Wind' race 869 times.
And that's just for one level, and not to mention you have to do B-Spec aswell.

I would disagree, the Internation A and Super races in GT6 have some generous payouts and is in no way comparable to the XP grind GT5 has.
Level 39 to 40 is 5.900.000 xp, which means you would have to do the 'Like the Wind' race 869 times.
And that's just for one level, and not to mention you have to do B-Spec aswell.
But in GT6 you still need to do a lot of grinding if you want that 20 million car, and that means I need to do a lot of grinding the same race.

If you want to get to level 50 in GT5, well do Like the Wind' race 869 times.

If only there's an autopilot for A-spec, then maybe it would be no big of a problem at all...

I would prefer to be able to reach it without hacks or cheats though, i'll see if using lower PP cars will help as you said in your PM, but i thought that was a seasonal event thing? I remember using ridiculously low PP cars and cutting corners to get huge payouts back in those chase the rabbit events, and i believe time trials too?

I'll see what i can do, also is level 40 required to get 100% completion?

I would prefer to be able to reach it without hacks or cheats though, i'll see if using lower PP cars will help as you said in your PM, but i thought that was a seasonal event thing? I remember using ridiculously low PP cars and cutting corners to get huge payouts back in those chase the rabbit events, and i believe time trials too?

I'll see what i can do, also is level 40 required to get 100% completion?
I believe lower PP car does work offline, but I have not taken any notice. To your other question about level 40, yes.

VBR
GT5 Garage Editor, set to level 50, bish bash bosh - job done.
I was actually thinking about this, too, but the A-and-B specs would revert to the current level they're in after these modes have been used a few times even if their levels are maxed out to Level 50 via the GE.

And how many decades does it take to get to level 50 anyway?
Since they stopped the online events i'm stuck at level 34 on both A and B spec, and even endurance races won't dent the progress anymore.

Is there even a way to get to level 50 anymore?

Sorry for late bump but isn't lvl 40 max lvl? I'm on the same boat as you. I played the game originally when it came out but was mostly racing online and never completed the game.. This year I wanted to complete 100% starting the new save. So my save is from January this year and am currently lvl 37 a spec and lvl 25 b spec.. Game progress around 90%.. It's very possible to complete the game 100% if you are GT enthusiast, I know I will but there is so much things to do that it lasts very long which IMO is good thing and GT is supposed to be like that. I also did 0 to 100% in GT6 this year but it only took me like few months of casual playing to do it. And yes lvl 40 is obviously needed to get 100% progress since Nurburgring 24h unlocks on that lvl.

Back