I ask because it looks like it races in the GT3 class and last time I checked, Ford hasn't made a GT3 car. Also while I'm here, how does MARC get away with building a Ford Focus without being sued by Ford?
I ask because it looks like it races in the GT3 class and last time I checked, Ford hasn't made a GT3 car. Also while I'm here, how does MARC get away with building a Ford Focus without being sued by Ford?
How does any Touring Car manufacturer get away with building (insert name of any base car here)? The panels are from a Focus, the rest is a ground-up rebuild, in this case on a highly customisable platform. You could do that with your Focus if you could afford it. Ford (and any car company) would sue if their trademark was being infringed but as MARC aren't claiming to own the design of the Focus (and it's clearly Ford badged) then they'll be quite happy to get the free advertising.
It's an endurance racer. Nothing to do with Ford. It has GT3 speed, but not homologated for GT3. So, you'll most likely see it in an Invitational class.
I think the bigger story here is that someone built a real life Ford Mustang Gr.3 and is actually racing it. The urge to photoshop one of my GT Sport liveries on it is strong