Is PlayStation VR worth it?

• Yes

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters
zr1chris
zr1chris
GameStop has the VR on sale this week for $199. I'm thinking of taking the plunge into the world of VR.

I've never tried VR so one of my concerns is whether I will like it or not. Right now I only have PCars 2 which only has a work around option of use. I could get the GT bundle for $299 but I already have a PS camera so I may be better off buying the VR and GT separate.

What do you guys think? Should I make the move?

Thanks. I was just looking for some quick responses since it's only on sale this week. I thought a poll would help me out.

Thanks. I was just looking for some quick responses since it's only on sale this week. I thought a poll would help me out.

Nope, i had it and sold it after a month.

The PS4 just doesn't have to juice to make top quality games in VR,

The small games are actually pretty good. But how mush is playing 5 dollar games worth to you.

PSVR(I have 2) is awesome. It's not the best, but it's awesome. If you want PSVR to play racing sims, you're not going to be very happy with the selection. Drive Club VR and Dirt Rally are the only ones that are fully supported as far as I know. You can use this to hook it up to your PC if you're on a budget, but you're probably just better off spending a couple hundred more for OR or VIVE...(I'm buying a VIVE on Black Friday). The reason I say so is, it was a pain to set up with a multi-monitor setup. But I'm going to try project cars on my single monitor PC and see how hard that is.

For what it is worth.
Farpoint,Re7,SkyrimVR (from big titles) made it worth it for me. There are lots of smaller games that are also awesome. VR is a strange but awesome beast. I have tested Oculus with a motion rig (don't know what version it was) and the screen door effect turned me off big time :D. In PSVR it is almost non existent. To my knowledge VIVE has noticeable SDE (compared to PSVR) and for me that would be annoying as hell (especially knowing the price point).

Can't wait for the future without wires, because sometimes I'm too lazy to plug everything (even tho it is simple with PSVR) for a quick pick up and play.

Immersion is huge and you start to ignore the minuses.
I'm a guy who loves my 3DTV and kinda hates 3D at the cinema (my TV has a better quality 3D) and hopes VR will continue and improve.

For 199 I would grab one, but there is a new model (which has improved processing box and added hdr support to the pass trough) so I would look in to that if you have 4k/hdr TV.

Back