Is the ranking I see world?

• Thread starter snoopybg
  • 7 comments
snoopybgsf
I downloaded the game from Japan PSN and play it through an account with country set to Bulgaria. My IP is of course also bulgarian. Is the ranking I see local (not for bulgaria of course, because I see mostly americans), or is it world ranking? The 1st in my list is a canadian with a 1.36.6xx time.

The reason is that a lot of Americans (myself) included downloaded the Japan version. I also have the EU version but the only one I could win anything in is the US version where I live, but with the times I'm seeing I'll not win anything because they are a lot of fast players out there. The US (North American) versions have US, Canada,and Mexico separate.

Check this thread as I'm not sure if Bulgaria is local to Japan. When you log into the PS3 Store from the account do you go to the Japan store if so I would think that it would be local for you. The leader boards are not world wide but if you look in this section someone has listed world times.

GTP Members, post your time lap times! ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last Page) niigaki

Last edited:
If you don't belong to a country that has its own leaderboard and / or you dowloaded the game from a region that is not your own, you will have your times registered in a generic "rest of the world" leaderboard. It will only show up on your PS3, AFAIK it's not accessible through the gt website.

That's the leaderboard where you will find amar212, just to give you an example. I access it using my US account (because the PSN knows my game is PAL it won't let me post times in the US leaderboard).

Last I looked, that leaderboard had a south african on top.

I downloaded the game from Japan PSN and play it through an account with country set to Bulgaria. My IP is of course also bulgarian. Is the ranking I see local (not for bulgaria of course, because I see mostly americans), or is it world ranking? The 1st in my list is a canadian with a 1.36.6xx time.

you need to delete it, and download the version native to yourself. then you'll have proper rankings, been there, done that.

Back