Is the replay viewer broken or am I missing something obvious?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sloppy Shades
  • 5 comments
  • 11,467 views
Messages
574
United States
Daytona Beach
Messages
sloppysmusic
Decided to watch Minkahls replays to see where I can make up some seconds and

1) I can only watch a spectator camera. Almost completely useless for learning lines from drivers perspective. Switching between standard and variable views isn't much help. Why isn't there a POV driver camera in replay? I'm SURE that has been in every other
GT before and you could switch between cars as well in a race but not sure about that second part.
Bottom left screen shows PRESS L2 and up/down to change cameras or drivers (cant tell) but it does NOTHING for me.
2) You cant even switch in between the useless cameras to try and find a less useless one for learning.
2) Display race info doesn't show anything important for learning, such as speedo/tacho/gear selector etc.
3) Rewind doesn't work AT ALL for me, whether in pause or during video playback. Fast forward works but that doest help me find the spot I want to watch. IF you use FF once you get to the end it
dumps the video so you haver to reload it again.

Like the title says, if I am being a moron and missing something obvious I would love to be enlightened! I'm trying to learn to be a better driver by watching drivers view of replay so is this possible or not?
Thanks y'all!
 
Yea not sure what you mean as I can do all of that.

I just went to a friend on GT Sport, downloaded their replay and viewed it, changed cameras (R1 button), brought up full info display, rewound, and changed cars (L2 + Up/Down).

The only thing I'm noticing is that there is no interior cockpit view for opponent cars.

Edit: Oh yea, forgot that the designated buttons change depending on controller layout. So take that into consideration.
 
Last edited:
For me, changing cameras is the square button. I guess it's the same button you assigned to change cameras which driving.
 
Yea not sure what you mean as I can do all of that.

I just went to a friend on GT Sport, downloaded their replay and viewed it, changed cameras (R1 button), brought up full info display, rewound, and changed cars (L2 + Up/Down).

The only thing I'm noticing is that there is no interior cockpit view for opponent cars.

Ah ok thanks will try that...was just going by on-screen instructions duh!

For me, changing cameras is the square button. I guess it's the same button you assigned to change cameras which driving.

Aha! Will try that...just didnt occur to me!

What about rewinds though? Can you both do them ok?
 
@Sloppy Shades you have the buttons on screen to go forward and backwards 10secs, the pause/play and back (to the beginning).
 
Yes but they have not been working when I click the rewind ones. The replay just stutters and stays at the same spot. Neither the fast rewind or the slow rewind work.
As regards the square button thanks guys I have my in-cockpit view now :D
 
Back