Is the Shelby Cobra 427S/C the most undrivable car in EPR?

• Thread starter Sal_89
  • 3 comments
Italy
Varallo Pombia, Italy
Salva-the_gamer
I'm very good at this game, but I really can't make a clean race with this car... Are there optimal settings for that car? I've already setted the differential to the max traction and low steer response, but don't helps. I'm honest, I can drive very well the Abarth 1000TCR, an another very hard drivable car, but the Cobra is near impossible to drive

The Cobra sure does apply a lot of off-throttle torque to the wheels underneath that lightweight body.

I find the easiest technique to keep it under control is to avoid downshifting until you really need the acceleration, especially if you can have the car already straightened out first. Staying in a higher gear will avoid the drivetrain shock of downshifting and will reduce the shock of going on- or off-throttle.

I also recommend maybe lowering the differential setting, because 100% on the differential slider means the rear wheels are more likely to break loose while going around a corner. More locking means more resistance to allowing the wheels to spin at different speeds.

Thanks, Wolfe. I will use the your hints when I drive that car. In fact I always downshift to gain RPMs, but this is wrong with this car. In RWD cars is rare that I use a 100% differential slider. I use always a -100% setting. Then more traction is better than more maneuverable?

...In RWD cars is rare that I use a 100% differential slider. I use always a -100% setting. Then more traction is better than more maneuverable?
The thing to watch out for with an open differential (slider all the way to the left) is wheelspin on just one of the wheels -- usually the inside wheel, when cornering -- which can limit your traction for accelerating and can also contribute to a loss of control if you aren't careful. The VGS display helps to keep an eye on when one wheel is spinning.

Back