Is the Valkyrie AMR Pro too fast in FM?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
breeminator
breeminator
The Valkyrie AMR Pro crushes every other car in the game in X class. This isn't in itself completely surprising, as the car was presented in real life as being faster than a Le Mans racing car due to not being held back by the rules.

"the new Valkyrie AMR Pro: a machine which takes a car designed to win the Le Mans 24 Hours as its starting point, then pushes further to explore extremes of performance unconstrained by racing regulations or registration for road use"

"with its design and performance freed from race rule constraints, the AMR Pro’s capabilities now exceed those of the machine designed to challenge for outright victory in the Le Mans 24 Hours"

"with an aerodynamic efficiency that exceeds Le Mans Hypercar regulations, the Valkyrie AMR Pro promises track performance approaching that of a Formula 1® car"

"a target lap time around the 8.5-mile 24H Le Mans circuit of 3 minutes 20 seconds"

Now, I took the car completely stock into a 2 lap race against the AI and did 3:08. I then did just a little bit of tuning, including setting the downforce to minimum, and did 3:01. It will be possible to go miles faster than that, as I only had one chance at a flying lap each time, and am far from the best driver anyway. The game was giving an estimated lap time below 2:50 when I was adjusting the fuel to 20%. This seems so much faster than Aston Martin's stated target lap time of 3:20 that I'm wondering if something is wrong with the car in the game, have some parameters been set incorrectly relative to the real life car?

Can anyone find anything anywhere to suggest that the car ended up being so much faster than originally envisaged in real life?

I don't know that much about the car but it's surely not as fast in real life, is it?

It's fun to drive but there's absolutely no point in using any other car in x class, it should be renamed to AMR pro class

At least in the other classes you can use something a bit different from the meta and still finish fairly high up the grid. Use anything other than the AMR pro and you're last, pretty much guaranteed.

Does it have F1 performance in real life as that's what it feels like it has in the game?

Does it have F1 performance in real life as that's what it feels like it has in the game?
They describe its performance as approaching that of an F1 car in real life, but the F1 cars in the game are old, so it maybe is possible that it's faster than them in real life. But I think there has to be something wrong if I can drive a lap of Le Mans 19 seconds faster than their stated real life target time.

They describe its performance as approaching that of an F1 car in real life, but the F1 cars in the game are old, so it maybe is possible that it's faster than them in real life. But I think there has to be something wrong if I can drive a lap of Le Mans 19 seconds faster than their stated real life target time.
The Valkyrie AMR Pro, will, however, beat Kamui Kobayashi's lap record by seven seconds.

The thing is such a cornering beast, being able to take the corners before Hunaudieres at full speed. In Spa, it will go through Eau Rouge/Raidillon with no sweat.

But just imagine the sheer insanity if they brought the Bugatti Bolide to the game, that would nearly be Red Bull X2010/X2011 level, minus the fan system.

Last edited:
The Valkyrie AMR Pro, will, however, beat Kamui Kobayashi's lap record by seven seconds.
Can you elaborate on this? As far as I can tell, his time of 3:14 still stands as the current lap record. Can you point me at the evidence that the AMR Pro can do 3:07 in real life? I've searched but still haven't found any information on actual lap times rather than the design target of 3:20.

The #1 time for Le Mans on the rivals leaderboard was 2:51 with the AMR Pro when I looked recently.

Can you elaborate on this? As far as I can tell, his time of 3:14 still stands as the current lap record. Can you point me at the evidence that the AMR Pro can do 3:07 in real life? I've searched but still haven't found any information on actual lap times rather than the design target of 3:20.

The #1 time for Le Mans on the rivals leaderboard was 2:51 with the AMR Pro when I looked recently.
That's in the game. No real life lap record has been tested, but it still is something.

Back