Is there a controller that rivals the Sony Dualsense?

• Thread starter wheelhp
  • 5 comments
Australia
Australia
If there isn't then I might end up buying a PS5.... the haptic feedback and everything seems miles better than the Dualshock 4!
I use the DS4 to play Pc games as well and it seems to do the part, much nicer than a keyboard and not too big like a Steering wheel etc. But I wonder how the Dualsense will be for PC games and if all functions are supported or if an alternative already exists

Last edited:
If there isn't then I might end up buying a PS5.... the haptic feedback and everything seems miles better than the Dualshock 4!
You'd need a PS5 for the controller to run the haptics anyway. There's an Xbox one that's pretty good too, but it's the same story, you need the Xbox (or PC) as well.

Last edited:
You'd need a PS5 for the controller to run the haptics anyway. There's an Xbox one that's pretty good too, but it's the same story, you need the Xbox (or PC) as well.
It's very interesting to me, and I do have a decent PC to run whatever it would need!

I figure the homebrew, emulation community would've tried to make it work on PC just for fun. But otherwise I'd be perplexed if theres not much that supports the Dualsense

Steam supports the DualSense's trackpad, gyro, lightbar and haptics, but very few games know what to do with them. Metro Exodus was the first game to support haptic feedback and adaptive triggers, I guess other games probably just have a simple rumble emulation feature.

So in short if you use Steam (which also includes adding non-Steam games to Steam, but be aware that adding games from other launchers like Epic or Origin rarely works), the DualSense will at least work, but it's up to the games you're playing to support the fancy features for it to give you the PS5 experience.

Then again not all that many PS5 games support those things anyway, or so I've heard?

Steam supports the DualSense's trackpad, gyro, lightbar and haptics, but very few games know what to do with them. Metro Exodus was the first game to support haptic feedback and adaptive triggers, I guess other games probably just have a simple rumble emulation feature.

So in short if you use Steam (which also includes adding non-Steam games to Steam, but be aware that adding games from other launchers like Epic or Origin rarely works), the DualSense will at least work, but it's up to the games you're playing to support the fancy features for it to give you the PS5 experience.

Then again not all that many PS5 games support those things anyway, or so I've heard?
I do use steam so that would be my go-to as I don't see benefits of the other launchers, I've not had to look elsewhere for my gaming needs. Humble bundle and fanatical give me all the steam gaming keys I'd want, plus reddit has a huge giveaway and trading steam key community. Steam just dominates and rightly so.?

I think you're fairly spot on that so far the game that fully supports the Dualsense is that one game that comes with the PS5, and GT7 from what I've heard

I wish developers would try to give us full support of the amazing Dualsense, since anything less than that seems backwards and rather not meeting the term "next gen" in my book.

Have you tried to look at this?

reflex-pro-steel-gray-hero-1638902401046.jpg

Bit pricey but an aternative nonetheless.

Back